WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Purchased mine in 2009. To this day I still dig it. I've traveled with it, taken it diving, surfed with it. It's been rock solid reliable since day one.

Some great wrist shots! Cheers

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
As an update of sorts...being reunited with the 2254 led me down the rabbit hole of getting smarter on other sword hands SMPs...which when combined with my interest in the new Bond SMP release in Titanium for No Time to Die...has led me to sell off other (non-Omega) parts of my shrinking collection and acquire a 2231.50 as well.

This watch is amazing...and may usurp the 2254, though I'm loathe to part ways with an old friend for the second time so soon. Anyone else with the 2254 have another sword hand SMP and rotate them?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I love the big triangle and sword hands. I have the 2254.50 also. If Omega ever produces a tribute, big triangle, sword hands, I’m in!

·
Registered
245 Posts
How does this stack up against the 2531.80?

Trying to decide between the two. Does one wear bigger than the other?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
How does this stack up against the 2531.80?

Trying to decide between the two. Does one wear bigger than the other?
I've never owned or worn the 2531.80, which I understand to be the Brosnan Bond SMP, but from checking tech specs on Omega's website just now & doing some other digging, seems they have identical proportions:

Both are 41mm, 20mm lug width, and only 12mm thick. There may be a bit of difference between the Bond vs. the "Speedmaster" bracelets - my 2254.50 has a Bond bracelet, whereas my titanium 2231.50 has the Speedy style.

So I'll defer to others but would expect them to be nearly identical on the wrist.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Incidentally I sold mine last night.... To a guy who sold his 12 months ago and regretted it!
I liked it... Definitely a modern classic and love the lune, but didn't love it as much as I thought.
I hope I don't change my mind in 12 months!

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I need to get me one of these 41mm SMPs ASAP!

·
Registered
539 Posts
As an update of sorts...being reunited with the 2254 led me down the rabbit hole of getting smarter on other sword hands SMPs...which when combined with my interest in the new Bond SMP release in Titanium for No Time to Die...has led me to sell off other (non-Omega) parts of my shrinking collection and acquire a 2231.50 as well.

This watch is amazing...and may usurp the 2254, though I'm loathe to part ways with an old friend for the second time so soon. Anyone else with the 2254 have another sword hand SMP and rotate them?

View attachment 15645202

My 2231 says hello!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I need to get me one of these 41mm SMPs ASAP!
You won't regret it at all - a classic milsub style sporty complement to your stable of Grand Seiko's! An absolute strap monster. I picked the quartz 2264.50 version as a grab and go beater. I've also just found out I can convert my modern Moonwatch Speedmaster bracelet (with micro-adjustable clasp) that really wasn't a good match for the Speedmaster, to this watch using 930 end-links so happy days!

·
Registered
4,509 Posts

View attachment 15645202
I have the 2254. I have debated flipping it for the similar SMP with the applied Indicies. I have also debated flipping it for the electric blue, but the white date wheel is polarizing to me, while the black date wheel on the 2254 blends in more (strong preference for no date dials here),

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I have the 2254. I have debated flipping it for the similar SMP with the applied Indicies. I have also debated flipping it for the electric blue, but the white date wheel is polarizing to me, while the black date wheel on the 2254 blends in more (strong preference for no date dials here),
Agreed with you on date wheels - my preference is also for them to be more understated. Both the 2254 and the 2231 have black wheels with white text, which is perfectly legible without being too "loud" IMO (y)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I got my 2254 as a wedding present in 2007. Absolutely love it and will never part with it (and not just bc of the sentimental value). Just about the perfect watch IMO. That said, I've ditched the speedy style bracelet for natos. The speedy style bracelet dates the watch a bit whereas on a nato it looks completely modern with a vintage flare. Good work getting the 2254 back.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got my 2254 as a wedding present in 2007. Absolutely love it and will never part with it (and not just bc of the sentimental value). Just about the perfect watch IMO. That said, I've ditched the speedy style bracelet for natos. The speedy style bracelet dates the watch a bit whereas on a nato it looks completely modern with a vintage flare. Good work getting the 2254 back.
I picked up a 2252 at the end of the year and it's become my favorite watch. Love the smaller size even tho I could wear it's bigger brother. Just fits perfect to me. I've had it around 2 months now and have yet to size the bracelet because of how well it looks and wears on nato and MN straps.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts