WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oki i know this might be a bit offtopic but i was so pleased with the result so i am posting it here on WuS to

Well if you have ever bought a used watch or bracelet you know they can be quite disgusting, and almost impossible to get clean. The best tool here is an ultrasonic cleaner but here in Sweden they can be quite expensive, so when i found this Chinese el-cheap for ca 35 $ shipped i thought i would give it a try.

This is the unit the first thing i noticed was that it had a different plug then the one in the auction picture ! the seller offered to send me a new if i paid for shipping back the old unit :evil: Yea right ! i said give me the money an adaptor cost instead, and then i dismantled the thing and added the right plug
Here is the test subject an old gunky bracelet that was on one of my recent purchases

This is around 20 sec into the first washing program (they last for 99 sec) as soon as i started it black gunk started sipping out from the bracelet so i had to run for the camera.

And here is the water after the first run. the bracelet is not completely clean but a few more cyckles trough the machine and that is taken care off.

Conclusion: for the money it is a great machine ! i talked to a friend that uses these at work and he said that there is a big deal which detergent one use, there are those that are made especially for ultrasonic cleaning and the difference is like night and day. in this test i used bog standard kitchen bench top spray on cleaner so with some experimenting their will likely be a quicker result but i am already happy with what i get now :thumbup:

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Hmmm, I've been thinking about one of those for some old watches I have hanging around here. :think:

Thanks for posting the review :-!

·
Registered
767 Posts
I have a lab grade cleaner, make sure not to put good spotless brushed steel at the bottom, you'll get shiny spots on the metal. try suspending the bracelets or whatever in the water.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hmmm I found one on Amazon.com for $27. Plus, since Amazon was giving away a free 3 month Prime membership, it has free 2 day shipping. I might get the one on Amazon.com instead.

·
Registered
812 Posts
thanks for sharing with us. I'm thinking to get one of these too if I can find cheap.

I very much would like to see the cleaned bracelet picture for comparison and how many cycles you performed.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hmmm I found one on Amazon.com for $27. Plus, since Amazon was giving away a free 3 month Prime membership, it has free 2 day shipping. I might get the one on Amazon.com instead.
do you have the link?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Very cool, thanks.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Good review. I thought about buying them, but was never too sure if they really worked. This review helped :-!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts