WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this was good reading and that some of you might enjoy it. It is fairly brief.

The ETA 2824

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Nice article.....I do like my ETA movements.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
I know...I've said this b/4, every Western watchmaking school train their students on ETA movements.
They all know the ETA inside and out!

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,502 Posts
Yes the Little Engine That Could and it's related article are informative reading. It would be helpful to many if the SW200 was similarly analyzed.

·
Premium Member
37,416 Posts
Yes, it was very interesting and makes me glad I enjoy a good ETA movement.

Many other good ones out there are well, but nice to read some knowledgeable info on this subject.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Yes the Little Engine That Could and it's related article are informative reading. It would be helpful to many if the SW200 was similarly analyzed.
Let's also add the Miyota 9015 to the list of movements in the ETA 2824 design realm.........It would be great to see a 2824 VS SW200 VS 9015 movement comparison.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Time and again, when veteran watchsmiths write of fine movements, ETAs rank among the best movements, in their opinions.

Same here: https://www.watchuseek.com/f2/incredible-review-rolex-3135-movement-780182.html
How can an ETA not rank as the best?

Of course it does. They make the most reliable movement on the planet. Period. ETAs have been used and tested in every possibly configuration. Easy to service. Bulletproof. ETA movements have been improved over the years to the point of perfection.

BUT..... that is not what we want.

We want unique, quirky, different, mysterious, unknown, prestigious, drool worthy.... and ETA is not that.

Let me go hide somewhere now.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I find very little internet information on the Miyota 9015. In this review of a SmithEverest PRS-25, the author takes some time to discuss the 9015. Scroll down to "Movement" for his comments about it. The thing that jumps out to me from the little I have been able to read, is the fine timekeeping of this movement, in contrast to it factory rated accuracy of up to + 30 seconds per day.

Smiths Everest PRS-25 Review

·
Registered
558 Posts
How can an ETA not rank as the best?

Of course it does. They make the most reliable movement on the planet. Period. ETAs have been used and tested in every possibly configuration. Easy to service. Bulletproof. ETA movements have been improved over the years to the point of perfection.

BUT..... that is not what we want.

We want unique, quirky, different, mysterious, unknown, prestigious, drool worthy.... and ETA is not that.

Let me go hide somewhere now.
I'll hide too cause I couldn't agree more.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I find very little internet information on the Miyota 9015. In this review of a SmithEverest PRS-25, the author takes some time to discuss the 9015. Scroll down to "Movement" for his comments about it. The thing that jumps out to me from the little I have been able to read, is the fine timekeeping of this movement, in contrast to it factory rated accuracy of up to + 30 seconds per day.

Thanks Gary.......I have read some very positive information about the 9015. I'm interested in it of course because the Lew and Huey Acionna, I have ordered is coming with the 9015 movement. I have a feeling I'm going to be very happy with the watch and movement and for the money ($400) is a pretty smackin' good deal.

Reactions: Gary123

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
It's well-established that ETA movements are cheap and good.

I'll take a 2824 over a 2892 of the same grade any day, though.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts

You do realize that a Standard grade ETA movement, per specification, is allowed to show up to +/- 27 s/d in a single position, and can show an error of nearly a minute over the course of a 24 hour period?

Most do much better than that though.

Reactions: Gary123

·
Registered
2,529 Posts

The Citizen automatics, which use a version of this movement, also seem to do pretty well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts