WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hope that you will enjoy this review of the Seiko Knights.

Basics for all Knights (Automatics); Keep in mind that Seiko has also produced quartz and kinetic Knights:

DISCONTINUED
SKXA47 ("White Knight"), AUTO
SKXA49 ("Black Knight"), AUTO
SKXA51 ("Orange Knight") rubber strap, SKXA61 ("Orange Knight") ststl bracelet, AUTO

More details:

-Seiko 7S26A movement
-21 Jewels
-Bi-directional: Singapore (2004-2005) and Malaysia (2006) movements, cased in China
-Caseback type: 7S26-01X0
-Movement: Automatic, non-hacking
-Beat rate: 21,600 bph (6
s/sec)

-Loss/gain: Less than 40 sec/day
-Diameter: 43.5 mm (w/o crown), 45 mm (w/ crown)
-Lug-to-lug: 50.5 mm
-Thickness: 14 mm
-Lug width: 15 mm
-Slight dome to crystal (Seiko's Hardlex)
-Metal-edged indices (all versions)
-Metal-edged hour/minute hand--Black Knight only, blackened edges on White/Orange Knights
-Crosshatch dial pattern (center portion of dial)--Black/White Knight only
-Second hand: White Knight: is luminous circular top portion with black arm, and red-tipped; Black Knight: luminous circular top portion with white arm, and red-tipped; Orange Knight: luminous circular top portion with complete black arm and tip
-Beautiful coin-edge style bezel; brushed finish, luminous dot at the 12 O'clock
-Bracelet width: 23 mm, tapering to 18 mm at the clasp
-HEAVY, I would guesstimate @ 185g-190g
-Brushed bracelet links/center portion high-polished
-Integrated bracelet for added strength
-Bracelet is expensive--$84.00 at COSERV
-Pin/collar system (collar is placed in larger hole in center link)
-Diver's buckle, signed
-Diver's extension
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll tell you why I am a fanatic about these particular divers, the value....

I cannot believe the value for the price, it's unbelievable! These Knights feel so incredible on the wrist; they are heavy, but Seiko found a way to proportionally balance the case and bracelet.

The White Knight has a cold/steely beauty to it. The Black Knight has a classic diver look to it. The Orange Knight has a charasmatic appeal to it---an unbelievable amount of stares on the subway I have received, along with that question, "Where did you get that?"

All in all, I have had 8 Knights (3 White/3 Black/2 Orange). I now own 5 (2 BKs, 1WK, & 2 OKs), and have given 3 away as gifts to people I love.

All my best, thanks for letting me rant & rave....

Angelis

·
Registered
646 Posts
Excellent review Ang, I agree with everything you have pointed out, Shame they are discontinued, I also have some stashed, I just don't see what all the fuss is about the 007, not near the detail and more money, go figure? But if we keep braggin' these up, there won't be any left for us to grab....Dan

·
Registered
77 Posts
Excellent review. I had been seriously considering an OM for awhile, but the bolder style was putting me off a bit since I work mostly in an office environment. The Knight appeared to be the perfect compromise. I just scored a new Orange Knight at a decent price.

I hear so much praise about the bracelet on the Monsters. Is the bracelet on the Knights the same or different?

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Excellent review. I had been seriously considering an OM for awhile, but the bolder style was putting me off a bit since I work mostly in an office environment. The Knight appeared to be the perfect compromise. I just scored a new Orange Knight at a decent price.

I hear so much praise about the bracelet on the Monsters. Is the bracelet on the Knights the same or different?
It's a piece of art! It's, as many of us agree here, better than the Monster's bracelet, double the cost, better pin/collar system (collar placed in the center link) so it cannot fall out as has happened with the Monster.

Tell us your reaction when you get yours...

Angelis

·
Registered
717 Posts
I agree 100% with Angelis ... it's the bracelet that makes the difference. The quality is evident both in the way it looks and in the way it wears. Very well balanced. I'm relatively new to all this and don't have a lot to compare to, but I can't imagine a finer bracelet. Here's a couple more pics highlighting the bracelet ...

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I agree 100% with Angelis ... it's the bracelet that makes the difference. The quality is evident both in the way it looks and in the way it wears. Very well balanced. I'm relatively new to all this and don't have a lot to compare to, but I can't imagine a finer bracelet. Here's a couple more pics highlighting the bracelet ...

I cannot agree with you more! Great pics!

Seriously, for the price, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better bracelet, and for that matter, a better balanced watch. It's all about the balance.

Angelis

·
Registered
717 Posts
i am surprised to read of the positivity on the Knight bracelet.

it is precisely the bracelet or actually the lug that stopped me in my tracks.

how do you overcome the fact that future bracelet/strap change is going to be challenging?

:thanks
Can't even imagine ever wanting to replace this bracelet ... it's that good!!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i am surprised to read of the positivity on the Knight bracelet.

it is precisely the bracelet or actually the lug that stopped me in my tracks.

how do you overcome the fact that future bracelet/strap change is going to be challenging?

:thanks
Kohym:

It's just that the bracelet is so well made---so surprising for the price point. It's so well integrated, there's no point to swap it for another bracelet---that's why I have two extra bracelets.

Angelis

·
Registered
77 Posts
Since this was the thread that made me pull the trigger on an OK, I thought I'd post my initial impressions of the one I just received.

• Bracelet is outstanding, just like Angelis states.
  • Lume is very bright.
  • Understated looks (for a diver anyways) which is perfect for me.
  • Definitely a quality watch
I also have an OM incoming and will probably only keep one of the two watches since two orange divers is probably overkill. I suspect that the OK will be the keeper. We shall see.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Since this was the thread that made me pull the trigger on an OK, I thought I'd post my initial impressions of the one I just received.

• Bracelet is outstanding, just like Angelis states.
  • Lume is very bright.
  • Understated looks (for a diver anyways) which is perfect for me.
  • Definitely a quality watch
I also have an OM incoming and will probably only keep one of the two watches since two orange divers is probably overkill. I suspect that the OK will be the keeper. We shall see.
I am so happy that you purchased an OK. I have 2 OKs and 1 OM---and I kept them all because I felt that you just couldn't go wrong with a bit of orange.

I am glad that you see that the bracelet on the OK is outstanding.

Enjoy the OK.

Angelis

·
Registered
717 Posts
I'm betting you'll keep 'em both. It's a funny thing about the color orange. A couple weeks ago I couldn't imagine wearing an orange watch. In a few days, I'll have two of them because I also have an OM incoming.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts