WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this new arrival for a few days now, and thought I'd share my impressions of this timepiece thus far. This was my first experience with the Swiss Legend brand, however, I've purchased a few Jacques Lemans watches in the past, so I felt comfortable with the type of quality to expect from this S.W.I. Group timepiece.

To start, the packaging the Atlantis arrived in was excellent! The watch arrived in a red lacquered wooden presentation box / programmable single slot watch winder, which was perfect because I was in need of purchasing a new winder also; so the two-for-one aspect made this purchase even more appealing to me! The quality of the winder is superb and is so quiet, you can't tell is running even when right next to it!

At first glance, the watch is massive! This is also confirmed in the actual weight of the watch, which you'll definitely know you're wearing when it's on the wrist. Because of the weight of the case, I decided to change the bracelet out for the extra rubber strap included. The bracelet received mixed reviews on the SNBC website, and I can confirm that the bracelet quality was underwhelming at best. I was surprised at the low quality of the bracelet, given my past positive experiences with the SWI, Group brands. On the contrary, the rubber strap included is very high-grade. The rubber strap is designed to be integrated with the lugs of the watch, and helps contour the watch case to the wrist for a very comfortable fit. The Swiss Legend name is etched into the strap which is a really nice touch. Because of the contouring effect of the included integrated rubber strap, it will probably make an after-market strap change difficult.

The watch dial is very large, obviously with a 47 mm case (almost 50 mm including the over-sized crown), and is very easy to read. The hands, markers, and date window are accented by metallic blue, in this silver-tone dial version. This is a nice touch and reminds me of the metallic accents used on the minute hand of my previously owned Dievas Oceantimer. The lume on the markers charges quickly and starts very bright, however, the lume quickly fades to about half of the initial brightness, but is long lasting. The uni-directional bezel has 120 clicks, and has no slop or play. The ridges on the bezel are not as pronounced as some of the other dive watches I've owned, so turning the bezel takes a little more effort.

The basic specs of the Atlantis are as follows:
Bracelet: Stainless steel
Movement: Swiss ETA 2824 automatic
Crystal: Sapphire
Crown: Screw down
Clasp: Push button deployant
Bracelet Measurements: 8-3/4" L x 25mm W
Case Measurements: 47mm
Water Resistance: 100 ATM - 1000 meters - 3300 feet

Overall, I like the look of the watch on the rubber strap. I synchronized the watch today to begin checking the accuracy of the ETA 2824 movement. If you're into large watches, this will definitely quench your thirst!

·
5,150 Posts
Congrats on the new watch and thanks for the review and pics. I'll copy it to the sub-forum for future reference. :-!

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like that one, the rubber strap does look very well on it. Thanks for the review!
Thanks Lee and Nick! Nick, I think the rubber strap compliments the watch nicely as well. The bracelet, while not the worst I've ever come across, could have had a more solid construction, especially given the heft of the watch. The construction of the rubber strap, with the curved ends, fits the case design perfectly, giving it a nice custom fit.

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
thanks for the review. its massive. the rubber strap is incredible! I wish all divers came with a form fitted strap with the overhang that it has. congrats on the new watch.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the review. its massive. the rubber strap is incredible! I wish all divers came with a form fitted strap with the overhang that it has. congrats on the new watch.
Sean,

The fitted rubber strap really makes a big difference in how the watch case rests on the wrist. I'm amazed at how comfortable the strap is, given the size.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Very nice..I regret passing on a yellow one off the SF a while back. The strap looks excellent and really stes the watch off. Big|>|>from me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts