WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
This is a very cool watch. It's not for me though because of the square tipped hands with the points somewhat camouflaged. They make it hard for my alignment fetish to know precisely the middle of the index in relation to the hand. For instance, in that photo what's the precise time? I have to look a bit, it's not immediately obvious.

Reactions: PowerChucker

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I had a ZRC Grands Fonds for a time - while having GREAT luminous, I became bothered to the point of blinding annoyance by not having ANY minute indices, either on the dial OR the bezel; SO "counter" to all the reasons for having a "proper" dive watch in my HUMBLE opinion...

The tiny, triangle socket head screws were a nightmare as well! Even with the special tool kit (supplied at a nice upcharge) I managed to strip out one of them inside one of the lugs while trying to remove the bracelet - they're kind enough to use Lok-Tite (Red, I think!) to hold said screws in. I had to muster ALL my machine shop skills and magic to drill that tiny screw out with a 1/16" bit and the tiniest EZ-Out on Planet Earth to remove it - I was sweating bullets!

Sorry for the negativity, but folks really SHOULD know about those specialized screws, since changing bracelets/straps/bands is pretty common 'round here...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Please listen to TheGanzman, I was and still am very much in love with this watch.......But after reading a review about this watch/Brand I was well cured from the desire to own one.
You could even say that the owners/designers went out of their way to make this watch, bracelet,springbars etc as user NON friendly as possible......
Almost to a point where it becomes a joke like the very rude French people can be like waiters when you don't speak their language properly 😑

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have the ZRC 1964 and I absolutely love it. I have had no issues with the screws. I prefer their triangle style over the standard flat head most brands use. They do require a special tool but I asked ZRC for one when I purchased the watch and they included the tools for no additional charge.

·
Registered
261 Posts
That is good for you...... in the review I read the set of needed tools was 100>

·
Registered
581 Posts
If you look on their website they have a few options.

They told me that usually the AD would have the tool but because I purchased direct they would include it.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
In all honesty, I'd own this watch if they put minute indices on either the dial or the indices, preferably both...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts