WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a USA made B.W. Co. model 6 7j movement and Central dial in a lot some time ago, in good working condition, I think I posted inquiry here as well.
I normally will just resell this type of thing but it was unusual so I left it sitting, well a few days ago I saw the same thing in a complete watch on the bay and won it. The watch was not working so I did the movement swap, and although the dial was not great it has more fine detailing than the other so it went back on. Had to hand make a crystal cause nothing ever fits right and a simple clean/lube and she's running great. Always nice when a needed rarity shows up and it may be a keeper.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Interesting coincidence...
Yes, truly amazing. There is a conspiracy in here somewhere. I'm sure someone will find it! :-d

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
It seems that Mr. Victim knows all the right garage sales to visit and has the skills to get some of these tired old pieces up and running again. Keep posting your discoveries/mods/resurrections.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I went through my pile and found

that I had a Central watch too

Same movement again, but this time a 17 jewel version

In the other thread, emmanuelgoldstein seems pretty certain that the "I.W.Co" on the movement in my Brewster means that it's an Illinois movement.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: I went through my pile and found

that I had a Central watch too

Same movement again, but this time a 17 jewel version

In the other thread, emmanuelgoldstein seems pretty certain that the "I.W.Co" on the movement in my Brewster means that it's an Illinois movement.
I'll take that. I checked the borel mvt list it shows ILL as the illinois watch co mark but that list is not complete. The safety barrel came out early 1900's from what I have read. IWC is international watch co but I don't think it's that. Couldn't figure out BW co either. I'm going to strip the bad mvt and look further for other info on the plates that i may have missed

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

Can you post a pic of the dial side? I haven't taken mine apart yet.

Maybe we can get a calibre ID based on the setting works.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Here it is apart the only other mark is a C as seen in the pic I will put it back together and post the setting works later.

Attachments

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,130 Posts

That layout would suit a pendant watch with seconds sub-dial at 6 o'clock. The size is about right, too. Could this be a clue as to the origins of this movement?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Here are the setting works and back together. If you need parts for the 17j it's all yours if wanted.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts