WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flashback! My dad bought this for me as my first G-shock back in college when I was in the Philippines ('98), I was so glad and proud wearing it everyday knowing that Gs are tough and has some cool features. Then the battery gave up after about 4 years of constant use.

On September 2005, I came here in the US and forgot to bring my first G (love) with me-ouch! After few weeks, my girlfriend (now wife) got me a DW-6900 from Walmart that's why I didn't bother to check my 004 if she's fine. o|

Three weeks ago, my grandma went to the Philippines for a vacation and I asked my family there to search for my G in my former room and have her bring it here in the U.S. if found. Well luckily, she was just sitting at the top of my Technics MK2. Yehey!

This afternoon, I bought her a new battery, borrowed strap adapters from my old 5600, and a velcro brand from my G2300B-1V.

After further ado, her's my first G-Shock, a DW-004 right after her fresh bath:

P.S. She's a victim of resin rot. :-(

·
Registered
283 Posts
Like the mods you did to bring it back to life. I wish I still had my 1st G, a DW-5200C-1. I know I can still get another one but to still have the actual 1st G of mine would mean so much more. Congrats!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, the display is so crisp, a thing that I didn't notice and appreciate before. I'm gonna baby her this time. :)

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Very nice kapatid. Congrats that you found it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Peace, It's actually my only red G right now. I'm thinking to get a red G7900 next.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I thought that you might appreciate some pictures of mine - I assume yours was exactly the same with grey 'wrist wings' and a colour coordinated cloth and leather strap - here you go, a trip down memory lane!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts