WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A buddy of mine at work came up and offered me his titanium G that he bought back in 1999 for $280(what he wanted for it). I said what model is it? I dunno he answers. He brought it in yesterday and I calmly fled to the ATM and came back with said pittance. New batteries (takes two) this morning and everything is running like a CHAMP. Trouble is I see very (and I mean VERY) little written about this one. It was the beautiful condition he kept it in with all the bits that really GRABBED ME!! Very comfy for a big watch too. Hope you find her worthy b-) -Ronbo

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
what a beauty of a gentleman's G

it's big ? I thought Mr-G Gshocks are the same size, which is the size of Baby-G these days

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup BIG. Wears/feels a lot like the Omega Seamaster chrono in Ti. Only thicker. Cheers-Ronbo

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Big Congrats! That's a great looking rare piece! I'd love to see one of those one day... enjoy!

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Cool watch! I don't know much about it, but it looks great!

sent with aloha

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Thanks Jon :). I know what you mean. It is tough to find much written about this model. The bracelet is an amazing design in the link's shape. The battery change was incredibly easy with the four 'X' screw caseback. And they sure didn't skimp on the titanium here! Cheers -Ronbo

·
Registered
810 Posts
That antique watch is frail and old, you should consider putting a thread in the vintage watch forum. K/J nice score. You should ask the person you work with if he has anymore classics he wishes to dispose of....

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Kaiju (from the movie Pacific Rim), this is the kind of Kaiju that makes circles of green fire which destroys the Jaegers in the fight protecting HongKong at the second half of the movie

LOLz

looks cool! congrats! what's the animal on the back? i can't tell from the pic.. some kinda dinosaur?

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Kaiju (from the movie Pacific Rim), this is the kind of Kaiju that makes circles of green fire which destroys the Jaegers in the fight protecting HongKong at the second half of the movie

LOLz
lol looks more like that dinosaur from Jurassic Park.. this one:

jp.jpg

wonder why they went with this animal... it looks cool though! way way better than that rangeman pokemon cat.. lol

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hehe now THAT'S hilarious. And I wonder why he (it's?) pushing a tire? Oh well gotta LOVE G-Shocks lol !!

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
AWESOME!! Leave it to Sjors and he always comes through !! Many Thanks !!
enjoy! :) congrats on the great pick up again!

Sjors says : "I think the lizard is chosen, because it lives in a tough environment and the car tire was chosen, because this watch was aimed for car racing sports."

makes sense.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome Mitch - Many Thanks!!! Just such an unusual platform for G-Shock at the time. Love learning about this one. Cheers -Ronbo

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
I love this watch!:p:p:p I wish i owned one, it is a legendary MRG. One of a few that actually increased in price (most MRG fall in price with age). The red line MRG Revman is also known as the G-Shock submarine due to its very submarine styling. It is an odd design choice given that it is a racing model and not a marine model. But that only adds to its coolness. It sure is a beast that is for sure!:p:p:p

A red line MRG Revman in mint condition with original box and papers is very rare and easily worth $1000. But they are slow sellers because it suffers from its own rarity (it is not often in G-Shockoholics minds) but once someone is looking for it. Than it can go for around $1000.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts