WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone dealt with RGM the new Sinn US repair center? I am thinking about sending my watch in for regulation. How is their customer service and work? Thanks.

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
There have been discussions about RGM before. The search function for this forum may turn something up. Either way, I am sure that several members here have dealt with RGM before.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It took them 31 days from the day I sent it (from the West coast), to repair and regulate my Daipal. You can't even tell where they opened the case. :-!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info Mr. Thompson, sounds like you had a good experience. I hope that RGM remains the authorized center and there is no change in the future when its time to service my EZM3. Hopefully they will have the argon filling machine soon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does anyone know about how much RGM charges to do regular service on a watch that is out of warranty?

I'm glad to hear they have a fairly quick turnaround.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
We have had to send two watches to them for warranty repair. Both were Doxa's. The first one was for a broken crown. This took 10 weeks to be returned to us. The second one was for a roller jewel that fell out. This took 2 weeks to be returned to us.

We could not tell that either watch had been opened at all. Top notch work.

Stephen

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am dealing with them now. It took 3 weeks to check my 103 st sa out and tell me it needed servicing. The service will take 5-7 weeks. The watch is a 2004 model and was running slow. $325 will be the charge (I hope). I would not say they are fast. I hope to say soon that they are good. It is just something you have to live with, kind of like taking your car in for a service at the dealership.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. My 756 is running a bit slow and will need to be sent back sometime next year.
If your 756 has Ar capsule it will need to go back to Germany as RGM does not yet have an Ar machine. Watchbuys has been saying one's coming but after a year or more of waiting my hopes are not high.:-(

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
IIRC, the 756/856 just have the copper-sulfate dry capsule without the Argon filling of the case (the two features usually go hand in hand, but not on all models, and they are independent of each other) - RGM should be able to handle an exchange of the capsule.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
IIRC, the 756/856 just have the copper-sulfate dry capsule without the Argon filling of the case (the two features usually go hand in hand, but not on all models, and they are independent of each other) - RGM should be able to handle an exchange of the capsule.
For some reason I thought the 756 and 856 had Ar inside with the copper-sulfate capsule. :-S It's a let down that the Diapal model wouldn't also have Ar.

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
I am not sure how much difference the Argon makes; the main job is being done by the copper sulfate capsule.

I admit to being confused about the Argon filling: for many Sinn customers abroad it is a show-stopper as the watch cannot be serviced outside of Germany, but when this technical feature is not present, it is a "let-down"? :-S

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I admit to being confused about the Argon filling: for many Sinn customers abroad it is a show-stopper as the watch cannot be serviced outside of Germany, but when this technical feature is not present, it is a "let-down"? :-S
For me it's a let down. If Sinn decides it's not an important enough feature to put on their flagship 756, I have to ask, is it really that important to begin with? :think:

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
For me it's a let down. If Sinn decides it's not an important enough feature to put on their flagship 756, I have to ask, is it really that important to begin with? :think:

Hmm, with all the hype we have seen about the U-series since its release, one might justifiably wonder whether the 756 still is in the "flagship role" ... ;-)

Says an aviation watch fan. :-X

·
Registered
235 Posts
i recently dropped my 142 and now the chronograph start/stop pusher is stuck in the in position. geeze!
the time function seems to work just fine...just can't start/stop the chronograph now. hope the movement isn't f*cked up.

i was thinking of sending it to jack at IWW.
any opinions on IWW vs. RGM? i know that RGM is the authorized US service center, but a lot of WIS's swear by jack's service.

any input would be greatly appreciated!
- M

Moderator's Note: This question has been asked in a seprate thread - please answer in the dedicated thread here https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=42714 as the answer won't get buried as easily as in this thread.

Thank you!

·
Registered
356 Posts
RGM does superb work, and has done so for years. I've had them work on several watches, including a Sinn 356 that needed the stem tube & crown replaced, and they did a great job. I bought my 356 from an authorized dealer in Holland before there was an authorized US dealer. The stem tube & crown repair was the second time the watch had to have that work done; the first time I had sent it to Germany for factory service, and it took forever. The second time I got the parts from Europe and sent the whole thing to RGM for repair and regulation. I stashed a spare set of parts in case it happens again...

I've been out to RGM's facility in the Lancaster, PA, area, as I live about an hour away. Nice guys, working in an old bank building, with the vault full of watches (the value of what's stored in there probably exceeds the value of the cash it used to hold). RGM does custom work and designs/builds/sells their own simply stunning watches, and I hope they continue to service Sinn.

A competent watchmaker can repair or regulate the movements, as long as they have the right lubricants and are properly trained, but it takes a really good person to work on a watch and not leave evidence of the work (and that's really important when the case is bead-blasted). But parts for Sinn watches, other than standard ETA movement parts, are not available except from Sinn, who will ship them only to authorized repair centers.

·
Registered
396 Posts
My experience was great. I sent my watch for warranty repair and received it back in less than 3 weeks as good as new. RGM was great with communication along the way as to the status:-!

Todd

·
Registered
575 Posts
In my experience RGM does excellent work, but is rather slow & very expensive. If you have the $ and can wait, it is worth using them....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts