WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen the new Rhyno Watches? They cost $5200. Am I missing something? Because that seems just outrageously overpriced for what you get. But it seems like I am the only one thinking this and its driving me mad lol. So am I missing something or is it actually overpriced like I think? Highly appreciate any clarification. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Woof. Nope.

Oversized. Overpriced. Over fluffed. They're not for me even if I could find anything for sale on the site... which I couldn't

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I have to say that the Rhyno products are for a certain niche of the watch market and it doesn’t include me. As to funding watches through crowd funding I can think of several members on this forum that had some great watch ideas but lacked the upfront cash that the Chinese watch manufacturers demand to start a project. Some of those watches were very popular around here and were sold out in no time at all.

Crowd fu ding doesn’t give you the instant gratification of having the watch but patience led me to some great designs. Jmho.
Kevin

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes, overpriced since they are competing against some serious players with better pedigree - and it’s a bit too Bell and Ross for me.

$5k can buy you a serious watch. And this isn’t it. For me anyway!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Anyone seen the new Rhyno Watches? They cost $5200. Am I missing something? Because that seems just outrageously overpriced for what you get. But it seems like I am the only one thinking this and its driving me mad lol. So am I missing something or is it actually overpriced like I think? Highly appreciate any clarification. Thanks!
$5K can buy you a real Bell&Ross if that's your thing. Otherwise there are much nicer skeleton offerings from other brands.

But hey, they sold out. So someone likes them...

·
Registered
39,724 Posts
I'd have to get my bell really rung before I'd buy a Bell & Ross. ;49179585]$5K can buy you a real Bell&Ross if that's your thing. Otherwise there are much nicer skeleton offerings from other brands.

But hey, they sold out. So someone likes them...[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have to say that the Rhyno products are for a certain niche of the watch market and it doesn’t include me. As to funding watches through crowd funding I can think of several members on this forum that had some great watch ideas but lacked the upfront cash that the Chinese watch manufacturers demand to start a project. Some of those watches were very popular around here and were sold out in no time at all.

Crowd fu ding doesn’t give you the instant gratification of having the watch but patience led me to some great designs. Jmho.
Kevin
Is Crowd Fu Ding like Moo Goo Gai Pan?

·
Premium Member
IWC chrono: Pilot or Porsche Design Titan
4,599 Posts
Pass me the eye rinse. Quickly please, my eyes are burning.

Really, all it needs is an endorsement by an admired artist, and it will become the must-have watch of 2019.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Appreciate all the responses! The reason I asked was because I left a comment on Instagram asking to clarify what you get for that price and many people got like offended that I would even suggest that it is overpriced and that I "clearly know nothing about quality watches", so I had to ask. Thank you!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Appreciate all the responses! The reason I asked was because I left a comment on Instagram asking to clarify what you get for that price (I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. I was genuinely curious) and many people got like offended that I would even suggest that it is overpriced and said that I "clearly know nothing about quality watches", so I had to ask. Thank you!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Appreciate all the responses! The reason I asked was because I left a comment on Instagram asking to clarify what you get for that price (I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. I was genuinely curious) and many people got like personally offended that I would even suggest that it is overpriced and said that I "clearly know nothing about luxury watches", so I had to ask. Thank you!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts