WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Learned members

I see a lot of Ricoh watches up on auction on Ebay. Does any one know the history of Ricoh watches. Which brand of movement does these use. I could not find Ricoh movement on Ranftt archeive list. Could not find much history of Ricoh on Google.

Jaswant Kamboj

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see a lot of Rocoh's on Ebay from India and other eastern countries. Surprisingly, different ricoh watches have different insignia, some have w like, some have R, while others do not have an insignia. I do know that Ricoh was affiliated with Hamilton in 60's.
Is there any member knows some thing about these watches.

Jaswant Kamboj

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't know anything about the history of Ricoh, but I overhauled a gents automatic just a few months ago. It was completely unique and unlike any other make, and must be of their own design. I have also seen Ricoh quartz movements and they are also unique. Back in the 60s and 70s, Ricoh was also a camera manufacturer.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Nick

Do you know which brand of movement these watch are installed with. Along with It was a very popular watch in 60's and 70's in India and other eastern countries.

Jaswant Kamboj

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi Nick

Do you know which brand of movement these watch are installed with. Along with It was a very popular watch in 60's and 70's in India and other eastern countries.

Jaswant Kamboj
Ricoh Japan make their own movements until become part of Remex, Hong Kong, Some Timex use Ricoh (80's), and until few years ago, supply house still offer their quartz movements, that's all I know.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Ricoh also partnered with Hamilton to make some of their electrics or electronic watches

Ricoh Japan make their own movements until become part of Remex, Hong Kong, Some Timex use Ricoh (80's), and until few years ago, supply house still offer their quartz movements, that's all I know.
There are also rumors that Ricoh may have beat Seiko in making the first 300+m diver

1 - 7 of 7 Posts