1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Its got a Citizen 21 jewel movement in it - for $300+ - No Bargain IMO.:-(

·
Vendor
255 Posts
I don't see how the type of movement plays into the final value of the watch? There are tons of watches out there for thousands of dollars using an ETA 2824; and there are watches for $200 using an ETA 2824.

Pricing is more than a function of the movement - its branding, marketing, and all the other elements that make the watch besides the movement.

Wouldn't you agree?

Thanks-
Marc
www.longislandwatch.com

Its got a Citizen 21 jewel movement in it - for $300+ - No Bargain IMO.:-(

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, but it's nice to know the price of the movement so you know how much you're paying for the brand name.

·
Registered
345 Posts
the seiko 7T62 wich is a quartz movement for alarm chronographs retails for around 50-70$ in US
this has an automatic 21 jewels movt.. i would say that goes for the same price... maybe 100$.. in europe maybe 100euro...

i like a lot the riedenschild design :)

·
Vendor
255 Posts
again, I don't agree (fully). The movement is one cost. So is the case. So is the dial. So are the hands. So is the band. And so is the assembly craftsmanship, QA; marketing; darn, it goes on and on.

I can get a Unitas at RETAIL for $75; does that mean the watch shouldn't be more than $100? Tell that to Panerai.

I can buy a new engine for my car for about $3000. So, brand new, the car should be, what, $5G ?

Yeah, but it's nice to know the price of the movement so you know how much you're paying for the brand name.

·
Registered
345 Posts
more or less reliable.. a saphire glass is like 70-100$... the movt lets say 50-100$.. a good bracelet around 50$.. and im talking affordable watches.. the same quality bracelet but for some omega is like 3-400$.. so considering just 3 basic parts you end up with easy over 200$... i say that the normal riedenschild are at an OK price... not a bargain but not a ripoff either.. but the 99 limited is kinda expensive...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, This edition does not exist! I know the products from the owner as i sell them also. This is an unauthorized model that will bring alot of problems for the dealer selling this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
"unauthorized model" means fake !? :D
Correct, take a look at the site www.riedenschild.com or .de and let me know if you find this model anywhere on the site besides what is listed as normal darksea dive with either steel or rubber band. Then look at the grandprix and look at the band, funny the band is identicle as the so cald Limited model being offered from that dealer. He has just taken the old band from the Grandprix and switched it out and used a engraving machine to limit the models. That will be very expensive when the lawyers come! Riedenschild is very hard when it comes to things like this. But is aktually good, when something is so wanted and it is copied then the brand has established a desire in the buyers !! Good job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Miyota 21j Auto movements are about 40 usd...and I belive you can get a decorated, blues screws, eta2824-2 for around 65 bucks from a WUS sponser....

if you purchase over 500 then this will be the price ! I know , as i am every year in Hong Kong at the watch and clock convention and always trying to get better prices!

·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
I agree, if this watch is unauthorized by Riedenschild (and it certainly looks like this is the matter) then this seller will have a problem!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have asked one of my business associates who will be travelling to Munich next week, if he can have a discrete look at Riedenschild's head office, Wotan Street 70, 80639 Munich. It would be interesting to find out if the manufacture looks anything like its elaborate presentation on the web.

MMT
Would be better to look at the production and service center in Fuchstadt. As the web site states it as that ! I was there with a customer who used the offer to see his watch being assembled. Was a great expierence. Just down to earth guys, with a Passion for detail and to assist there fellow dealers like me! Find me a another company that offers this type of customer service without having to fly to CHINA :think:

·
Vendor
255 Posts
I get the distinct feeling you think you are going to catch them in a GREAT BIG LIE ? ? ?

I'd love to hear the outcome.

Marc

I have asked one of my business associates who will be travelling to Munich next week, if he can have a discrete look at Riedenschild's head office, Wotan Street 70, 80639 Munich. It would be interesting to find out if the manufacture looks anything like its elaborate presentation on the web.

MMT

·
Registered
13 Posts

MMT
Hi, Please send your associate to the address in Fuchsstadt ! That is where the PRODUCTION and SERVICE is! Munich is our (verwaltung) accounting and other Partner( one of the largest importer / exporter of watches in Europe) We would love to be able to give this person a tour and show him or her the passion that we have! James Newell Director International Operations.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts