WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Goodluck on getting something free from Omega. I had an on going battle with Omega after I got my watch back with gash/chisel mark. I filed a report with the BBB ( New Jersey) Turns out I was not the first.
John Wilson
I can just imagine the technician who inflicted that gash thinking to him- or herself, "Maybe he won't notice!"

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I am indeed sorry that you lost your Seamaster. Of course, just think of how poor the science of archaeology would be if no one ever lost anything!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
To the OP: sorry to hear your lose :( but quick question, did you happened to have the bracelet sized any time soon before the incident? or have the bracelet installed onto the watch? how old is the watch (trying to determine the age and condition of the spring bars)? does the clasp usually engage securely?
The watch was bought new about 3 months ago. Spring bars were brand brand new from omega. Had no previous problems with the bracelet, clasp or any part of thr watch. It was in excellent condition, and I took REALLY good care of it.

·
Premium Member
7,529 Posts
The watch was bought new about 3 months ago. Spring bars were brand brand new from omega. Had no previous problems with the bracelet, clasp or any part of thr watch. It was in excellent condition, and I took REALLY good care of it.

I really feel for you. It's a terrible situation. However, it was almost certainly a problem with a bracelet link (pin and collar) that led to this. My guess is a pin was not properly seated, or locked into place, within a bracelet link. Those little collars sometimes need to be pinched a tiny bit so that they'll grip the pins properly and securely. I suspect human error (on the part of whoever sized the bracelet) and not some manufacturer defect or design flaw. Whenever I size my bracelets, I spend the most amount of time getting the collars to lock properly onto the pins....

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
When I return home will send letters to both omega and the credit card company, and with any luck the watch will be replaced.
Credit card companies offering total loss replacement now? Thats pretty good :-!, we're still only able to buy things on our CC's

·
Registered
365 Posts
may I ask how did the bond bracelet failed?
NO YOU MAY NOT!!!! JK mate ;-)

Well as I recall there were at least 3 separated incidents there were close call.

First time around, adjustment pin popped out, so bracelet was "dangling" with only half pin so to speak.

Second time, springbar on buckle side snapped, so yet again, bracelet was dangling.

Third time, adjustment pin stroke yet again, but in different place minds you.

So it seems the springbars used on the lug side are secure as they come, however, the bracelet on the other side is weak link to whole thing.

On the curious note, my speedys springbar (on the lug side that is) broke once, however, the springbar itself was lodged so securely, there was no risk losing the watch, just a bit of hassle when I tried to swap bands. Of course, I replaced the springbar as soon as I noticed the breakage though.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Bummer! Hope you can work something out with the CC company as it's doubtful Omega will do anything for you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Highly doubt Omega would replace your watch even if it was totally their fault (defective watch/strap) that the watch was lost to begin with. Reason being - you have zero proof that the watch was actually lost.

now if your credit card or home owners covers theft/loss you might have a chance but still you are seriously lacking in proof and it could easily come off as you are looking for a freebie

I have worn a 168000 sub for the past 24 years nearly every day and the original strap has never even come close to failing or opened by itself

Looking at the 1513/825 strap that came on my 2534.50 and it worries me - appears it would not take much for it to open. I currently wear that watch on a nato strap

·
Premium Member
13,590 Posts
:-( You have my deepest sympathies and I am sorry for your troubles. I hope you will get another replacement seamaster soon. One thought I agree with anyone else here is that the nato or the old school tropic strap are the best for the water sports.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss... I know I would not sleep at ease knowing this just happened.. Hopefully you can resolve this in a better way for you, in the meantime, enjoy your vacation my friend....

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I definitely feel for you brother. I really wish that it works out for you. I really do. I know how it feels to lose such item because it almost happened to me couple months back.

I set my PO down on a picnic table just to let it rest. I got up and left because I received an urgent phone call. About five miles down the road, I realized that my watch was missing. SKIIIIIRRRRRRT! I did a quick u-turn and went back to the park. When I arrived at the table, LUCKILY, it was still there. I learned a lesson to never take the watch off in public again.

I hope it really works out for you pal!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I definitely feel for you brother. I really wish that it works out for you. I really do. I know how it feels to lose such item because it almost happened to me couple months back.

I set my PO down on a picnic table just to let it rest. I got up and left because I received an urgent phone call. About five miles down the road, I realized that my watch was missing. SKIIIIIRRRRRRT! I did a quick u-turn and went back to the park. When I arrived at the table, LUCKILY, it was still there. I learned a lesson to never take the watch off in public again.

I held my breath until I reached the end of your post!

·
Registered
871 Posts

PHEW! thats some luck!

i had a similar (not watch related) incident where i lost my keys (home, car, work, garage) and found em later that day on the street.
i can soooo totaly imagine the relief you must have felt when the watch was still there.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. Always sad to hear lost-watch stories. Hope it works out either with the CC or the insurance company.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Exactly the reason I wear mine on Nato / Zulu straps as do many others here.

By the way can you give me a 10 digit MGRS coordinate for the area you lost this in?:-d

Seriously, sorry for the loss, I can imagine how I would feel. I did loose a Casio G-Shock in the Nantahala river once. Not the same, but to a kid it was pretty devistating since my dad gave it to me.

·
Premium Member
13,628 Posts
To the OP, as mentioned by a couple of others, you should buy a nice new watch before the vacation is over (regardless of what happens with the CC company or Omega)!

So...... another SMP? Perhaps a PO? b-) Yeah.... mmmm.....PO.....

PS. Good luck. Sorry about your loss.

·
Registered
819 Posts
sorry abouth ur watch.
i had similar issue with my clasp pins, on dry land so watch just hit floor, i just put SMP on Mesh for now untill i get it serviced. i am liking the smp on omega mesh.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Really bad scene! But I sympathize. Recently I found and bought a used Omegea X-33 consumer owned model here in Japan. (this was my 2nd X-33). I brought it home and began to polish its tarnish, when the rag caught on something near the foldover clasp. I carefully pulled the cloth away and found it had caught on the exposed connecting pin!! One side of the dual bars had come off sideways exposing the pin! So, I photographed it for documentation reasons, returned the watch and box to the used store. They have a 3 month warranty on the watch and took it back for shipping out for repairs! phew!....seems some link pins here are faulty!!!!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts