WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got myself a Riseman (flying squirel), I’m a little disapointed with the accuracy from the sensor however and I’m just wondering if they’re generally not as accurate as protreks or whatever.

For instance I know my elevation at home is more or less 160ft, I walk my dog the same place every day and my old PRT-30 increases 60ft to 220ft which I know is right from gps. With the Riseman I set the reference altitude to 50m and at the same point where the PRT-30 always reads 220 ft the Riseman says 80/85m, so between 38/53ft off.

Also the PRT-30’s barometer has never been adjusted and is never off by more than 1mb either way. I adjusted the Riseman to read the same as the PRT-30 and yet still it can be out of line either way by up to 3mb.

Help me experts.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Is this a new watch or used?

·
Registered
2,562 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have a small discrepancy issue with my ProTrek due to temperature changes. Off the wrist the watch would read a slightly different elevation (about 3m) than worn.
I think that is just normal since your body heat adds up with the atmospheric pressure thereby altering the computed elevation.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I think that is just normal since your body heat adds up with the atmospheric pressure thereby altering the computed elevation.
The atmospheric pressure around the sensor (even in close proximity) does remain constant regardless of the body temperature. Because in the open, there is no place for any pressure to build up. So it would have to be a change in sensitivity of the sensor itself for some other reason.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts