WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Casio Riseman GW9200-1

For the first three days the barometric pressure graph was displayed in the Red Circle as it's supposed to be, when in the timekeeping mode.

Now it's gone, the area inside the cirle is blank.

I've read the manual carefully and I have the watch setup properly.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks...

·
Registered
532 Posts
in the timekeeping mode, push the barometric pressure, and tell us what happens, does it show anything?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
does it have sufficient charge? the graph disappears when low.

·
Registered
120 Posts
like this?
evidence that there indeed is a bad batch of Risemans seems to be mounting. :think:
we must be among the unlucky few.

did you contact casio bout it? please update us here once you do. thanks!:-!

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's an Update:

The barometric pressure graph was blank only for one day, when I was driving up the mountain to about 3,200 feet and back down within a few hours. It took the watch overnight to stabilize then the I could see the graph again.

Further Question:

What I've noticed lately is sometimes I will have a complete graph and at other times there will be a dot or two, or more missing in the "line" if you will. At other times I get a complete graph line. Then once in a while it's missing about half the dots and looks like just a bunch of random dots, only a few of which are connected. Sometimes they don't connect at all.

The manual says it's due to one of two things.
1) out of pressure range
2) defective sensor.

What is your take on this? Is this normal?

The area I live in has had variable weather from dry to rainy lately.

The watch is only two weeks old so I don't know what it's supposed to look like.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the way, thanks for all the responses. Sorry I didn't get back with a response, I forgot to turn on the email alerts. (new to the forum) sorry.

But I'm back now....:)

Other than this one issue, the watch works perfectly. Someone suggested I call Casio, anyone that could supply the number please?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
If the Riseman is anything like the Protrek range, it will only display a range of barometric pressure not the the full measurable scale which is why you see blanks in the trend graphs, this is governed by the most recent measurement. I have never seen one of my Protrek`s have a totally blank display, although I suspect they have a fair bit more processing power to deal with rapid changes.

Q-6

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
If the Riseman is anything like the Protrek range, it will only display a range of barometric pressure not the the full measurable scale which is why you see blanks in the trend graphs, this is governed by the most recent measurement. I have never seen one of my Protrek`s have a totally blank display, although I suspect they have a fair bit more processing power to deal with rapid changes.

Q-6
Good point. I really don't feel like anything is wrong with it at this point, I'm thinking it's probably a normal characteristic. After all this is not some expensive barometer. Also it was only blank that one day, and after reading more about how it functions I think it was because of the rapid pressure changes from such a fast climb to over 3K feet then a rapid descent (all within about 2 hours or less). I was in my sports car and really going fast.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
hi queen, i wanted to let you know i've really enjoyed reading the archived material you've written about proteks and abcs in general. you're a great source of information on the matter.

i don't think this explains the situation described by the thread creator, but a thought: the riseman's circular frame hides the outermost corner pixels on the matrix display. this is described in the manual with a little graphic. could it be that if the display tried to autorange a huge change in samples, the newest data point could be concealed in either the top right or top left corner? just a thought. :)

regards.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hi queen, i wanted to let you know i've really enjoyed reading the archived material you've written about proteks and abcs in general. you're a great source of information on the matter.

I would like to read the material you speak of, where would I find it please?

a thought: the riseman's circular frame hides the outermost corner pixels on the matrix display. this is described in the manual with a little graphic. could it be that if the display tried to autorange a huge change in samples, the newest data point could be concealed in either the top right or top left corner? just a thought. :)
Yes, I asked myself that same question as I did read the manual quite carefully and saw that notation. The more I think about it and the more feedback I get here, the more I'm thinking that it's most likely functioning normally. Every other function of the watch is spot on. It's picking up the times signals well each night. It's very responsive to all buttons and commands and is otherwise operating in a stellar fashion.

Cheers...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts