WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came out of the elevator (kind of lazy start of the morning), my compuret tech colleague comes towards me and says: "Have you heard from a GW-9200. It is not out yet, but I saw it in the KIJK" (Dutch science magazine).

We rushed to the mediatheque and found a copy of the magazine. He scanned it for me. After some trouble with my office computer, I managed to get a photo uploaded (anyone else having trouble with Firefox and uploading photo's on Photobucket).

Not much news I guess, but at least I see a price of $280.- and an US release date of June 28. Probably the watch will cost €280.- here in Europe....

Cheers,

Sjors (Thanks to my colleague and G-Shock collector and enthausiast Paul D).

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nothing really new. It's the most accurate clock according Casio, it has an altimeter and thermometer and also is solar. You should almost forgot it also tells time, release date ,price, website. They forgot to mention it's a great watch and Mansrow needs a Frogman.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Nothing really new. It's the most accurate clock according Casio, it has an altimeter and thermometer and also is solar. You should almost forgot it also tells time, release date ,price, website. They forgot to mention it's a great watch and Mansrow needs a Frogman.

Cheers,

Sjors
no one talking bout me and the frog anymore. its been really nice and quiet for days. shhhh!!!!!!!! be vewy vewy quiet !!!!!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I wonder why Casio didn't put the Barometer instead of an Altimeter? Seems that the Baro/Thermometer are natural partners, to me anyway. Still probably the coolest G born into existence.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Michael,

It has a Barometer. An altimeter is nothing but a very accurate barometer that measures small changes in airpressure. If you look at the scan, you see the word barometer and thermometer, that are the same in English as in Dutch.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Hi Michael,

It has a Barometer. An altimeter is nothing but a very accurate barometer that measures small changes in airpressure. If you look at the scan, you see the word barometer and thermometer, that are the same in English as in Dutch.

Cheers,

Sjors
Wait on, didn't you used to have 'Belgium' as your location Sjors, or do I have late stage alzheimer's? :-s

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Wait on, didn't you used to have 'Belgium' as your location Sjors, or do I have late stage alzheimer's? :-s
Belgium? Alzheimer's, I reckon. Probably early stage though, so look on the bright side. :)

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
I have to admit, I really like the look of the new Riseman! Very cool looking.. but quite pricey.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
After some trouble with my office computer, I managed to get a photo uploaded (anyone else having trouble with Firefox and uploading photo's on Photobucket).
No, no trouble. All I've noticed is if I click to upload while the page is still loading, I sometimes have to click again. I did have problems today with Firefox (everything either froze or was very slow), but it turned out to be due to a Firefox update waiting to be installed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
well, thats yet another model i can keep dreaming about, casio-importer in my country cant be bothered importing it..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah but they give away Suuntos for free there right? Dont they grow on trees!? :)
As much as GM, Ford or Chrysler give away cars for free in your country..:roll:

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
As much as new RISEMAN is cool I'm afraid that it could be nothing more than a one hit summer wonder... as soon as Casio releases PAW G-Shock (and I don't think that there is a single member here who thinks that we'll have to wait long for that one) RISEMAN will become so yestarday...

To bad... it's a nice watch... ;-)

P.S.

I like RISEMAN so much that I'll get it at MSRP as soon as it's avaliable... jup I dig it...

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
... as soon as Casio releases PAW G-Shock (and I don't think that there is a single member here who thinks that we'll have to wait long for that one) RISEMAN will become so yestarday...
a protrek/g-shock? do you know more than I do...?:-s:-s:-s

regards, holger

1 - 20 of 29 Posts