WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traveling and thought that I would take a couple of Alti shots by the ocean. Thought it was pretty cool that I was reading 40 feet and the top of the dive steps and 20 feet at the bottom:) Going in the water today and thinking about strapping on the Riseman if I have the extra room. Last night at the bar the barometer pointed straight down and 10 minutes later the rain began. Kind of cool I thought. Couple of the locals said holy crap that thing even predicts rain??? I just told them that it depends on who you ask!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
V nice! I have a Riseman, but right now I'd prefer that sea :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. This is first time that I a have used the altimeter. Hey I would trade places with you right now in a heart beat! Then I could take the Riseman to the British Open in St. Andrews.

Curious about something? If I took this thing diving I wonder if the Altimeter would read negative? Kind of hesitant taking the Riseman in the ocean and pressing buttons.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Nope, a depth meter isn't just an altimeter taken underwater. So that won't work. But plenty of people operate their Gs' buttons underwater with no ill effect. That's a common question; empirically people use all sorts of Gs underwater ever though the only one ISO rated for scuba diving is the Frogman. They all work!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the good info. Dive computers are required of course so this was just going to be a goofy thing to try.

Good stuff here!

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Damn that water looks GOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh man and it is. I submerged the Riseman for 10 minutes this morning and it said the water temp was 88.7. Should have taken some pictures of it because I tied it on a piece of fishing line and tossed it over the side to soak. For the first few minutes there were more than a few Nemo's swimming up to it and checking it out. LOL! Lucky a big one didn't steal it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts