WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I purchased a few straps and bezels from Tiktox recently, and wanted to start moving things around. At this time I have two different colored Risemen.

GRescue and MISG.jpg

On the left may I present the G-Rescue G9200R-4 and on the right the Men In Smokey Grey G9200GY. Watch the times as well in case you are curious how long it takes. First, have you ever wondered what a positive display MISG Riseman would look like?

Positive MISG.jpg

Not bad at all. Men In Burning Red on MISG.

Neg MIBR.jpg

And with positive display

Positive MIBR.jpg

Negative display Men In Ice White (I think)

Neg MIIW.jpg

That turned out cool! Also like the orange tie in of underside, button, and ring

Neg MIIW on side.jpg

Positive display MIIW

Positive MIIW.jpg

Also turned out nice. I was hoping the display would look more orange like when it was wearing the MIBR clothing.

Negative display Men In Earth Blue.

Neg MIIW face.jpg

You'll see the rest of this pic shortly. But I gotta say, I think this came out great!

Neg MIEB on side.jpg

Full photo Ice White with Earth Blue

Neg MIEB next to Positive MIIW.jpg

Positive Men In Earth Blue

Postive MIEB.jpg

Looks cool, again if the face had more of an orange tint, I think this could have been spectacular.

And finally, the Riseman Pegleg. You had to see this one coming! OK, no stars, but a satisfactory combo.

Positive Riseman Pegleg.jpg

All fun. Not sure what other combos I'd like to try out, but I can see enjoying this for a while . .. . requests or comments feel free to post up

·
Registered
58 Posts
That last pic of "Pegleg" prompts me to stand up and touch hand to heart (as in Rise, Man)...

Reactions: Chrisek

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
I am thinking the same as MCZK - I need another Riseman! These combos all look great! Diggin the blue/orange the best too. b-)

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
and i am thinking only one thing: those resins cost a lot

·
Registered
56 Posts
wow... love it! :D

so here the question,
is it easy to change positive display to negative or vice versa?
can i lose warranty if i do that?

thank you

·
Registered
20,321 Posts

so here the question,

thank you

Theorically it's doable like other Gs.

But the Riseman's module is much harder to take it out because of the sensor's flat cable.

If you make a wrong move you will lose the whole watch, not just the warranty.

·
Registered
180 Posts
You have a nice collection of Riseman, I take it that you have 2 risemans and you have different "clothes" to dress them up with? I am worried about the wear and tear of the screw threads if I screw the screws in and out although I am also planning to order some parts to mix and match. Do you foresee a problem with that?

·
Registered
20,321 Posts
You have a nice collection of Riseman, I take it that you have 2 risemans and you have different "clothes" to dress them up with? I am worried about the wear and tear of the screw threads if I screw the screws in and out although I am also planning to order some parts to mix and match. Do you foresee a problem with that?

You can see from the photos that he didn't put the screws in.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thank you everyone!

@lvt: it was your riseman that actually started me down this road!

@wind_talker: i don't plan on swapping resing that often. I don't foresee big wear going on.

@G-fob: when I bought MIRO resin tiktox had a sale going so I bought one of each set he had. Definitely cheaper than purchasing those 3 riseman :eek:

@Boomer: I'm definitely looking for a combo for 4th of July. Still unsure.

sent with aloha

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
whoever up the thread asking to make the riseman display to negative: DON'T DO IT since you are not experienced, THE SENSOR cable for temp. is very thin (it connects the module from the right iron button stuck with the case, you will break it, DON'T EVER DO IT

·
Registered
140 Posts

so here the question,

thank you
Hey mate... Chris actually just swapped the bands and bezel. Just for clarrification, he did not change the DISPLAY. They are actually 2 watches (MIRO and MISG) that he swapped the bands and bezel which is pretty easy to do. If my memory serves me right, he was able to do the swap in 5 minutes which I took around another 10 minutes. :-! Chris may also be able to enlighten you on how he did it if you're planning to go this route.

·
Registered
20,321 Posts
@lvt: it was your riseman that actually started me down this road!

Thanks for your kind words, but now you had your "revenge" :-d, I'm actually thinking how to have a white bezel and a blue strap to make the tricolour Riseman like your photo (I only have one watch) :-x

1 - 20 of 26 Posts