WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got old of some older clear models Fisherman and Frogman and decided to try RIT dye on the clear Jelly straps. The first attempt was a clear GW-202 with some Royal Blue dye. We 'cooked' it for 3 mins and the result is simply beautiful!!!

The second one is Fisherman that I dyed RED. It also 'cooked' for 3 mins but unfortunately the band retainer melted. I replaced it with a black one from a DW-003 strap.

Enjoy the pics

Pieter

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sjors,

Thanks. The blue is my favorite, it shows much better than the original ICERC blue, which is almost black on a wrist.

The red was more an experiment with the dye and looks really great with the black face and band retainer.

Cheers

Pieter

·
Registered
308 Posts
definitely the blue! |>

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
OMG!!! Those are freakin' BEAUTIFUL!!! The red and the blue are fantastic.

Jelly straps and bezels are the best to dye I think, they come out brand new looking. Sorry to hear about the strap holder, same thing happened to me once and I kinda' wonder why since everything else can take the heat. So I've started removing the strap whenever I dye, and dip it only for short periods.

But Man, that blue is beautiful. Fantastic job pietervn, now I'm on the look out for a cheap jelly frog to dye blue, although I did do one to an old 5600 ICERC below:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Those look great!

A question, the fisherman is a men in smoke model with an ICERC band and bezel, where did you get the ICERC band and bezel? I'm looking for that exact band and bezel set, the clear with the grey lettering. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
I like them both as well! I actually like the Fisherman with the black face, black retainer, and black buttons. It all seems to 'work' together.

Congrats on an experiment going well!

·
Registered
794 Posts
OMG!!! Those are freakin' BEAUTIFUL!!! The red and the blue are fantastic.

Jelly straps and bezels are the best to dye I think, they come out brand new looking. Sorry to hear about the strap holder, same thing happened to me once and I kinda' wonder why since everything else can take the heat. So I've started removing the strap whenever I dye, and dip it only for short periods.

But Man, that blue is beautiful. Fantastic job pietervn, now I'm on the look out for a cheap jelly frog to dye blue, although I did do one to an old 5600 ICERC below:

Oh Man! I second the motion.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Sherms,

I bought the Fisherman from a fellow WUS member. It is not the original strap.

The clear straps are becoming difficult to get. I have not found a clear Frogman strap at all. I wanted to try the red on that one.

Thanks all for the complements.

The blue is Tops!!!

Pieter

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
The clear straps are becoming difficult to get. I have not found a clear Frogman strap at all. I wanted to try the red on that one.
Give it till the end of the year and you might be able to pick up clear straps for the Frog, all depending on what Frogs Casio releases this year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.