WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to bump up this old controversial topic, but I just ordered four replacement rivets for my GW7900B-1. The reason I bumped was because the rivets are currently on backorder.

I've had my GW7900B-1 for a couple months and no problems with any of the rivets; heretofore commonly referred to as the corner "screws". I just sorta thought it made good sense to have a replacement set of rivets on hand. Apparently they must be a popular item. They upped the cost to $1.50 @ from the former 75 cents @.

Soooo, for $10.50 shipped, I now have an entire set of four and the peace of mind to literally beat the c&#% outa my watch without any worries of, to me, totally ruining the watch with the loss of only just one rivet. I'd simply trash it if I couldn't replace it.

I don't think there's any need to rehash all the good ideas and precautions presented in this thread.
https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/gw7900b-1-problem-553131-2.html#post4051907

I just thought I'd toss out my thoughts and let you decide. To me, it's worth ten bucks to insure a long and happy life to a nearly $150 watch which is my clear favorite of all.

That's roughly the cost of just one beer at most any sporting event in the country, and a mere drop in the bucket compared to what we all invest in this hobby. Mmmm...just sayin'... :)

You can order one or more rivets just by calling and having your credit card handy. No affiliation and usual disclaimer...

American Perfit: Casio Replacement Parts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Well, since I now have both the B version and Positive version - I guess I should buy 2 sets of 4 each just to have them - thanks for the reminder and source Bob - mucho appreciated!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Leave it to a newbie to reanimate an old thread!

I just picked up this GW7900B-1 and while I love the general look of the watch I'm mildly bummed by the screw issue. I'm not sure if I'll go the Superglue route or order replacements (black). Can someone please direct me to a link to the black replacements? Am I correct that the black replacements are flush and do not move like the silver screws do?

I'm really pleased to have found this forum- thank you for such a great resource!

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Yes, the black ones fit flush so there is no danger of knocking them. Sorry, can't give you a link, the Casio part number for them is 10330600 and they call them, 'decorative pieces'.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I'm not sure if I'll go the Superglue route or order replacements (black). Can someone please direct me to a link to the black replacements?
Start at Consumer Electronic Parts and Accessories at PacParts, Inc. and put "G 7900" in the search box -- that should bring up all nine versions of the non-atomic, G7900 with plastic "rivets."

It looks as though those pieces also come in gray on certain models, if you'd rather keep the look of the silver rivets but have them made of plastic.

Link to the "basic" black model with black rivets: Casio G7900-1 Parts and Accessories and to the "decorative piece" itself: PacParts: 91087007377

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Like you, my '7900s' are also in pristine condition. The only 'issues' I have ever read are ones where the watch is generally abused (as any G Shock should really be!), and as the original silver rivet stands proud of the bezel by about a mm or so, it can be knocked against something prizing it loose. The black ones fit flush, so that simply can't happen...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.