WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Fashion accessory Material property

RJ-Romain Jerome continues its preoccupation with the Industrial Revolution and the Steampunk ethos with a new addition to the Steampunk collection: The Steampunk Tourbillon Gunmetal. This new model draws its inspiration from the raw energy from machines and engines from the early 20th Century. The black-PVD case and lugs encase a 50mm Gunmetal steel bezel that has been brushed by hand. The complex dial reflects an imaginary retro-futuristic world and technical innovation.

At 12 o'clock the off-centred minutes and hours indicator has been subtly traced in light grey, while the satin brushed hands highlight the mechanics of the movement as time passes. At 3 o'clock, the "machine room" is revealed; an intricate mechanism highlighting two 'tooth-wheels'.

Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Analog watch Material property

The power reserve indicator resembles the lever that regulates the speed on a steam boat. The timepieces features a mechanical flying tourbillon at 6 o'clock that has been designed in the shape of an anchor with a power reserve of 48 hours.

The tourbillon's cage has been slightly raised to allow a perfect view of its structure. At 9 o'clock, reminiscent of the steam age, a large titanium piston is connected to the movement, allowing it to move up and down at a pace of 30 seconds in each direction.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Rim Alloy wheel

The case back of the timepiece features an anchor shaped component with 'Côtes de Genève' decorations. The barrel at 12 o'clock in the shape of a sun has been brushed from the centre to its exterior, leaving a remarkable circular pattern. Limited to only 25 pieces, each watch comes on a Hornback alligator strap to contrast with the darkness and complexity of the dial.

Visit the RJ-Romain Jerome website

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Just speechless... This one going down faster than Titanic in my view.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like it would look a lot better if they used the entire face for the minutes and hours indicators hanging above all the other components.
Some of the rj lines I appreiciate, but this.........

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Orient Star releases a new vintage inspired threesome, all quiet on the official WUS front. Yet Romain Jerome use a cadaver's toenail as a tourbillon bridge or Speake Marin create a quadruple rattrapante chronograph lubricated with phlegm and we're the first to know?
Domo....his phlegm,or one of the technicians...:-s
Might not seem important, but it is to some...;-)

Reactions: Domo

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Orient Star releases a new vintage inspired threesome, all quiet on the official WUS front. Yet Romain Jerome use a cadaver's toenail as a tourbillon bridge or Speake Marin create a quadruple rattrapante chronograph lubricated with phlegm and we're the first to know?
I'm pretty sure the Romain Jerome announcement, as well as, new Hublot LE announcements and the like are all press-releases by the brands. What's presented is what the marketing dept at RJ puts out and I assume the site gets some $ (which is a good thing as we want WUS to prosper).

With Orient Star, they'll likely have some press release but it will be confined to Asian markets or retailer sites. Overall their exposure and marketing approach are very different.

This is why, I personally enjoy hearing about new watches from user reviews or forum posts when someone gets it - it's new, exciting and objective.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Okay, I hate to say it, as Romaine Jerome's designs are so over the top, but this piece I kind of like.

It's a bit more reserved looking than the usual Romaine Jerome and it does seem to depict some kind of old engine or the steam punk vibe.

·
Registered
15,658 Posts
I don't like the hands, at all. They look terrible IMO.

If he'd change that, I could find some love for it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.