WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

DSCF0584.jpg
Im usually at the Russian forum. But i have a few swiss in my collection too.
I have a question regarding the dial on my Stingray.

I have seen many different style of dial, age, hands the "red cross" in the middle and so on..
I know there are a lot of Roamer enthusiasts on this forum.

What have i got!

wood

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
You have a 44 jewel MST 471 movement, and your Stingray S is a nice early one from about 1968. These early models had a symmetric case, without the later crown guards. It is possible your inner bezel is a slightly later replacement, as I would have expected a triangular bezel on this model, and a similar finish to the dial - but it is probably a transitional piece.

They had around 4-5 dial variations and 3 or so inner bezels, with some confusing overlaps.

Very nice and a variation I don't have.

Congratulations :-!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Trim!

That gave great valuable information!

Once again thanks!

wood

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have a 44 jewel MST 471 movement, and your Stingray S is a nice early one from about 1968. These early models had a symmetric case, without the later crown guards. It is possible your inner bezel is a slightly later replacement, as I would have expected a triangular bezel on this model, and a similar finish to the dial - but it is probably a transitional piece.

They had around 4-5 dial variations and 3 or so inner bezels, with some confusing overlaps.

Very nice and a variation I don't have.

Congratulations :-!
Trim!

Sorry for my ignorance!

Is the hands ok! The round lume sekondhand?
I have only seen red hands?

wood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts