WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have debated whether to start this thread because I can't find a picture from the movie that shows Robert Mitchum's character's watch. You do get a good look at it in the scene where they a plotting a hypothetical course to intercept the German sub. It's a two register chronograph with square pushers. My guess is that it's a Landeron movement watch but which one. Universal Geneve made a lot of these watches, Huer some, and there was a lot of no names. I was just wondering if anyone saw the watch well enough to know.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that does help a lot, the middle picture is perfect, except the dial appears sterile, maybe some one will recognize it. The good thing is that a Landeron two dial chronograph would be period correct the series started in 1937. It could be based on a Valjoux or Venus movement but it seems that 90% of chronographs with square pushers are Landeron based.

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
Thanks that does help a lot, the middle picture is perfect, except the dial appears sterile, maybe some one will recognize it. The good thing is that a Landeron two dial chronograph would be period correct the series started in 1937. It could be based on a Valjoux or Venus movement but it seems that 90% of chronographs with square pushers are Landeron based.
Like mine, a Chronograph Suisse with a Landeron 47 movement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts