WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saw a similar watch to the one Robotaz was selling for $100 less (but including extra straps),sent him a PM and asked if he was willing to sell his for $145 less. He was not willing to lower the price, so I agreed to pay the exact price he set. Robotaz "verified" my 100% eBay rating (with over 100 transations - he sent me an eBay PM and I replied). I sent the full payment from my iPhone, but Paypal silently included my grandmother's address that was set as default a long time ago (the iPhone App does not allow you to select a shipping address when sending a payment [latest version of the app downloaded today, 9/12/2015 - check for yourself]). I specified my home address for shipping in the Paypal comment field (since I did not see any other way of specifying the address via the app).

Robotaz refused to ship to my home address. I explained what happened and offered my work phone number (publicly listed on my employer's website) as well as my work email. My grandmother is 89 and has no door man - I did not want the package to get lost or to have to go to the post office to pick it up. I sat down in front of my laptop, changed my Paypal primary shipping address from my grandmother's to my home address, and sent Robotz a second $1 payment to prove that my home shipping address is indeed confirmed by Paypal, verified, and valid (as well as 100% equal to the addres I supplied with my initial payment).

Robotaz refunded my payment along with a rude message.

Robotaz also received the $1 payment with the corrected home address from Paypal, and still chose to post slander here: https://www.watchuseek.com/f63/nudreamer-=-stay-away-2359034.html

The watch that is similar to Robotaz's for $100 less (Edit for clarity: it was reduced to $899 a week prior to this post):

https://www.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-glycine-airman-sst-chronograph-$1099-conus-canada-2177098.html

The watch Robotaz has been trying to sell for months:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-lnib-glycine-airman-sst-chronograph-$995-2274329.html )

The rude PM Robotaz sent me:

<please refrain from posting private correspondence without the other party's approval in accordance with our rules - Admin>

(As you can see the mod removed my quote of Robotaz's rude post above. In summary he told me to learn to use Paypal (after my explanation of the iPhone app not having the address field), told me I wasted his time, and told me I will need luck)

This is considering I asked no questions about the watch and sent Robotaz the payment right after I agreed to his price.

Mods - you can verify all of the information above by reading PMs if you like or by asking for any additional proof if you are interested.
[Edit: Interesting - now I know that Admins can't read private messages - thanks! eBay can read their member's private messages, so I assumed you could as well.]

<we don't have the ability to read private messages...that's what we call them "private messages" here - Admin>

Robotaz is rude, 100% wrong (he knows it), and upset that he lost a sale over his own paranoia.

To all others considering purchasing from Robotaz: if you want to deal with a rude, paranoid individual who enjoys posting slanderous messages about you like the one here: https://www.watchuseek.com/f63/nudreamer-=-stay-away-2359034.html (after he knew he was wrong) - go ahead.

·
Registered
15,185 Posts
Am not taking sides but, OP, git yo sheet togetha.

Your Paypal problem / glitches etc are NOBODY's problem but your own.

And, where's the "rudeness" again? I didn't see it. Looks like you WILL need a lot of luck out there.

·
Registered
14,456 Posts
Oh, you should have heard about Harvard and how his associates could help me for my paranoia. It's sad.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Robotaz. You know you are 100% wrong, and you know that my post is absolutely truthful. Let's let the readers decide.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is true, I did my fellowship at a Harvard hospital. It is also true that your behavior is consistent with paranoid tendencies.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chronopolis - the Paypal address was not an issue - both addresses belong to my family - I asked Robotaz to ship to my home address (and even sent a second payment with the home address to prove that the address belong to me). The rudeness is clear: I was 100% truthful with Robotaz, sent the full payment he asked for, went out of my way to prove identity and address (was verified via eBay to have 100% rating, gave my publicly listed cell phone, work email) and was told that I "wasted his time", to "learn how to use Paypal" and that I "will need luck". Is it not rude to tell this to a person who just sent you the payment in full?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi CMSgt Bo: the title of Robotaz's post is: "nudreamer = stay away". I was 100% honest with Robotaz, sent him 100% of the payment he asked for, proved my identity, trustworthiness, and address with no delays. Anyone reading the title of Robotaz's post and deciding to not deal with me is a clear indication that Robotaz's post is slanderous (a negative post about me without any reasons to be negative - a lie aimed to damage my reputation).

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Chronopolis - the Paypal address was not an issue - both addresses belong to my family - I asked Robotaz to ship to my home address (and even sent a second payment with the home address to prove that the address belong to me). The rudeness is clear: I was 100% truthful with Robotaz, sent the full payment he asked for, went out of my way to prove identity and address (was verified via eBay to have 100% rating, gave my publicly listed cell phone, work email) and was told that I "wasted his time", to "learn how to use Paypal" and that I "will need luck". Is it not rude to tell this to a person who just sent you the payment in full?
The problem for sending to a different address is that Robotaz would forfeit his seller protection. Paypal requires the seller to send to the address on the transaction details page, which in your case would have been your grandmothers address. From what I've understood this is a way for a buyer to scam the seller(do not misunderstand me accusing you of trying to scam anyone!) for both the product and the money.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Shikyo! At least that sounds like a valid reason to make sure the address is exact. In this particular case however at the point of deciding to issue a refund, Robotaz knew that I was a physician working for a major hospital, willing to receive his call on my work phone right then, or an email at my work email address. He also essentially peppered me with 3 separate private messages essentially giving me an ultimatum: should he ship to my grandmother's address or should he refund? I sent him the $1 additional payment with the home address (proving it), but when I saw his ultimatums (without any reasonable explanation) I decided that I didn't want the watch bad enough to continue dealing with him, so I said "yes, as this point I want a refund."

·
Registered
37,651 Posts
Robotaz was right to not ship to your address and therefore to refund your payment. As a seller, to maintain protection, one must ship to the verified address on the payment. I would not have shipped the watch to your home address, as it was not the address on the payment! It is hard enough for a seller with the buyer-biased rules and stupid 6-months dispute policy, why would he willingly void his seller's protection??
( i know nothing of your private messages, nor do I want to, but he took the right action. Learn and move on!)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Having read the OP's story it sounds like he did not have his s#*t together and wants to cry about someone not wanting to deal with him for not having his s#*t together. I don't think Robotaz did anything wrong or reacted in any way that would be considered slanderous or not appropriate for the situation. The moral of this post to me is get your s#*t together.

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,186 Posts
Hi CMSgt Bo: the title of Robotaz's post is: "nudreamer = stay away". I was 100% honest with Robotaz, sent him 100% of the payment he asked for, proved my identity, trustworthiness, and address with no delays. Anyone reading the title of Robotaz's post and deciding to not deal with me is a clear indication that Robotaz's post is slanderous (a negative post about me without any reasons to be negative - a lie aimed to damage my reputation).
This thread title is more slanderous than "nutreamer = stay away". You're doing more damage to your own reputation than he has. You guys should agree to disagree and just walk away.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Paypal address switch-a-roos are a no-no-- often a sign of a potential scam. Your good intentions are irrelevant-- all it takes is one little mistake in deal to get scammed. I would have rolled back the deal as well. He refunded your money which was the right thing to do.

And you have had the opportunity to tell your side of the story in the Watch Deals section, so what else do you want?

As for rudeness... well, he is a robot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Drumguy4all: My point is that Robotaz chose to post "nudreamer = stay away" after I proved to him that I was 100% honest. I don't care about whether someone does or does not want to deal with me. In fact Robotaz was obviously free to tell me that he does not want to sell the watch at any point (at all or to me specifically - for any reason). It is his watch after all. I don't care about his decision not to sell me the watch. If he knows I was honest (and he does), he should not post "nudreamer = stay away". That is all.

Having read the OP's story it sounds like he did not have his s#*t together and wants to cry about someone not wanting to deal with him for not having his s#*t together. I don't think Robotaz did anything wrong or reacted in any way that would be considered slanderous or not appropriate for the situation. The moral of this post to me is get your s#*t together.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
It's impossible to prove to anyone that you are "100% honest", let alone an internet stranger. Look around the forum a bit and you'll see there are scammers all around. You failed the smell test. I would have done the same thing.

Just let it go and move on.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Robotaz has been around the block. Once you are here more than a few weeks and offer posts not only related to feedback, others will get your back. Others will know you've dealt with the scum that plagues us and tries to scam us. Play by all the rules, be serious when inquiring about a piece, don't be insulting with offers. Tone can never be heard in an email so you have to take the extra effort to be polite and professional. It only takes a second.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts