WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So either you guys are just the best, or I don't have a life. :-d LOL Maybe it's a combination of both, but as many of you know I landed on WUS in August 2012 (21 months ago) and to say WUS has changed my life in very positive and wallet depleting ways is an understatement! My daily post ratio is about 8 posts per day, which alone qualifies as not having a life, but the truth is I would have wasted the time on other pursuits, so WUS has been a terrific home for me for sure.

I've made some great lifetime friendships along the way! My collection has grown in ways I never imagined it could too. And I've learned so much about watches, thanks to this great community that I can even understand what an escapement or mainspring is. Trust me when I say I had no clue when I joined.

Many thanks to everyone I've had the pleasure of meeting here on WUS!

Here's a short recap of the current collection:

Grand Seiko SGBR083

GS 4-28.JPG

Muhle Glashutte 29er Big

Muhle 1-17-14.jpg

Baume and Mercier Capeland Flyback

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374176084.633527.jpg

Ebel 1911 BTR Chronograph

Ebel 1-16-14.jpg

Lew and Huey Acionna

L&H Wrist 1.JPG

Recently departed is my Frederique Constant FC-710 and my Montblanc Star GMT Chronograph. But that was to make room for a new addition to come, which has been ordered, is being made and is XXX/200 and will arrive within the next 3 - 4 weeks.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Hearty congratulations on the milestone, sir. Your posts/contributions are always informative and entertaining, keep up the good work!!

Reactions: RBrylawski

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hearty congratulations on the milestone, sir. Your posts/contributions are always informative and entertaining, keep up the good work!!
Thanks!

Reactions: drhr

·
Registered
19,861 Posts
Congrats, can't wait to see your 10,000th post coming soon |>

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Very nice and balanced collection. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
So most people do a give-away for post milestones... I'm guessing you'll be putting the SBGR083 up for grabs? :p

On a more serious note, congrats and you have built up quite a beautiful collection of watches. I am extremely envious of that GS and anyone who owns one. That thing is a knock-out!

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Congrats on reaching 5k! You have a great looking collection. We look forward to thousands more!

·
Registered
19,861 Posts
So most people do a give-away for post milestones... I'm guessing you'll be putting the SBGR083 up for grabs? :p

Haha, count me in :p

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Rod, it's great having you around! Nice collection, that Capeland Flyback is gorgeous.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks EVERYONE!!

ER, um, the GS isn't going anywhere, but nice try!

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Life is what we make of it....If one enjoys sitting in ones parents basement, drinking juice boxes and
passing ones life on the WWW.....So be it....:roll:

Gotta go....Mom wants me to take out the trash....:-(

Oh! congrats on the BIG 5000.

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
Congrats, Rod! Your chirpy, upbeat posts make WUS a happy place :)

Do you still have your Reverso? And you sold the Freddie C?! I need another clue as to what you have incoming please!

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats, Rod! Your chirpy, upbeat posts make WUS a happy place :)

Do you still have your Reverso? And you sold the Freddie C?! I need another clue as to what you have incoming please!
Yes, I still have the Reverso! Hmmm, a clue about incoming. It's big and heavy and was recently in a "bad boy" movie, worn by a Badass character!

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Yes, I still have the Reverso! Hmmm, a clue about incoming. It's big and heavy and was recently in a "bad boy" movie, worn by a Badass character!

Sounds like a Bam! Bam!! Pam!

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Sounds like a Bam! Bam!! Pam!
Congrats on the 5000th post.

Always appreciate your humor and light hearted responses, however, if you do get a "bam, bam Pam" as LBF suggested above, it can not reside in the same box as the SBGR083. There would not be enough oxygen.

BTW, I'm doing a good job keeping the secret of what you're getting next....you owe me a beer mi' amigo.

·
Registered
14,251 Posts
Makes sense. I wondered what all of the pointless, rambling posts were about.

Naw, just kidding. LOL!

Congrats!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts