WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this little watch off Ebay a couple weeks ago. They reason I bought it is because I have something in common with it. My name. Not my first but my last, so I thought it would be cool to have a watch with my name on the dial. I cant find anything about the company and im guessing its from the 30s or probably 40s. The case is odd, im guessing some kind of plating was once on it but it has since worn away leaving this sort of light grey metal. It feels soft and smooth more like iron than steel. Any guesses? And the movement seems to be a pretty decent one and it is clean and runs strong. Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory Hardware accessory

·
Registered
157 Posts
I bought this little watch off Ebay a couple weeks ago. They reason I bought it is because I have something in common with it. My name. Not my first but my last, so I thought it would be cool to have a watch with my name on the dial. I cant find anything about the company and im guessing its from the 30s or probably 40s. The case is odd, im guessing some kind of plating was once on it but it has since worn away leaving this sort of light grey metal. It feels soft and smooth more like iron than steel. Any guesses? And the movement seems to be a pretty decent one and it is clean and runs strong.
A great piece with a beautifully finished movement. The movement looks to have been made by Felsa, perhaps something similar to this: http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&Felsa_294 ?
Here is another WUS thread with some more information about the brand: https://www.watchuseek.com/f2/rogers-supreme-timepacer-chezard-116-a-885655.html.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info but do you think they have more in common other than a name? Mine says Watch Co as opposed to Jewelry Co and they have different import marks. I guess that things may have changed over the years?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Cant seem to find any info on import marks UXC

Rogers Watch Co.
Checking Mikrolisk page
Rogers and Co, inc Watches; Indianapolis (IN), USA; registered on 11.21.1936

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it. I just wish I could find out more about it. When were we thinking as a date of manufacture?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts