WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dilemma and can't decide which watch would suit me more. I have no option to try those two models due to COVID and the lack of those models in AD.

I'm 6,6 (198 cm) tall guy with a 7.5-inch wrist.

I'm looking to buy one of those watches as my only Rolex (I have a very small collection and want to keep it as is)

Rolex 116000 36 mm

Second, Rolex 116400 40 mm

Gentlemen, who have similar wrist sizes and can share opinions and photos to help me choose the proper one?

Thank you

P.S. Let ignore money and resale aspects for those two.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
With a 7.5" wrist I would say the 36mm Rolex would look tiny. The colour scheme on the watch in the photo shrinks the dial down as well as the eye is drawn to the central blue portion of the dial. So I would go for the milgauss although im not convinced by the orange strap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I would go for the milgauss although im not convinced by the orange strap.
It just a stock photo. So in both case, I will be looking at the bracelet version =)
Thank you
Milgauss.png

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The extra option related to OP 36 in the different color schema

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
The Milgauss will likely for your stature better but I do love the look of that first OP you posted. Very unique!

The OP wears a bit more like a 38 I find due to the super case - very reminiscent to my Omega Skyfall AT8500, which was 38.5. The OP will be more subtle on your wrist and fly under the radar better so if that’s important to you, I vote for the OP.

Also, I don’t like polished centre links so I pass in any watch that has them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vinc3nt

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have a dilemma and can't decide which watch would suit me more. I have no option to try those two models due to COVID and the lack of those models in AD.

I'm 6,6 (198 cm) tall guy with a 7.5-inch wrist.

I'm looking to buy one of those watches as my only Rolex (I have a very small collection and want to keep it as is)

Rolex 116000 36 mm
View attachment 15442047
Second, Rolex 116400 40 mm
View attachment 15442049

Gentlemen, who have similar wrist sizes and can share opinions and photos to help me choose the proper one?

Thank you

P.S. Let ignore money and resale aspects for those two.
Vincent

The circumference of your wrist (7.5) is a very poor way to determine how a watch will wear or look. In all honestly, it is basically useless. Having said that, with the information you provided I would suggest the Milgauss or any other bigger model. The other watch will probably look like you are wearing your significant others watch. Keep in mind this is me basically stating my tastes, which is the only thing anybody can do here. But much more important are YOUR tastes. Maybe you like very small watches, and there’s nothing wrong with that. The point is that 36mm WILL look small on your 6’6 frame and 40mm will probably look better.

·
Registered
485 Posts
With a 7.5" wrist I would say the 36mm Rolex would look tiny. The colour scheme on the watch in the photo shrinks the dial down as well as the eye is drawn to the central blue portion of the dial. So I would go for the milgauss although im not convinced by the orange strap.
I respectfully disagree. Both watches will look great! It's only a matter of style. What is your style/lifestyle? figure that out and you will know which one to get. For example, I change my style all the time between office work, garden work, mechanic work, casual, etc. So I have 8 different watches to choose from, and none are as expensive as a Rolex, though added up, they cost what a Rolex does.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vincent

The circumference of your wrist (7.5) is a very poor way to determine how a watch will wear or look. In all honestly, it is basically useless. Having said that, with the information you provided I would suggest the Milgauss or any other bigger model. The other watch will probably look like you are wearing your significant others watch. Keep in mind this is me basically stating my tastes, which is the only thing anybody can do here. But much more important are YOUR tastes. Maybe you like very small watches, and there’s nothing wrong with that. The point is that 36mm WILL look small on your 6’6 frame and 40mm will probably look better.
Thank you. Actually, that very good point. Before it, I had mostly 42 mm watches (Steinhart Ocean One and similar).

In this context, I plan to use this Rolex more as my third watch.
The first one is a very simple Wilson Watch Works Pilot 42 mm (on the picture it is on my wrist).
The second one, I'm trying to purchase Tudor North Flag on the bracelet (40 mm). It will be my everyday rugged watch.
Rolex should be my other, more formal but fun, watch. This should be a watch that I can wear during business meetings, traveling, etc.
So options are:
  1. Rolex OP 116000
  2. Rolex Air-King 116900 (I didn't mention it before)
  3. Rolex Milgauss 116400
They all are different and controversial (that long story), but the biggest question that I want to answer to myself: is 36 OP will be ridiculously small on me, or that will be only corky enough to pull this off?
Truth to be told, I'm biased to look of this OP
IMG_2273.jpeg IMG_2274.jpeg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I respectfully disagree. Both watches will look great! It's only a matter of style. What is your style/lifestyle? figure that out and you will know which one to get. For example, I change my style all the time between office work, garden work, mechanic work, casual, etc. So I have 8 different watches to choose from, and none are as expensive as a Rolex, though added up, they cost what a Rolex does.
I have a similar approach.
Tudor North Flag and Rolex should be my "daily drivers". They intersect in the middle (sport jacket and no tie) but belongs to two different domains. Tudor - family trips, nature, casual office. Rolex - office, and business.

There another 2 watches that I'm looking for that should fill the void: Omega Seamaster 176.007 as a vintage chronograph and JLC Reverso as a dress watch. Both are out of the scope of this discussion because they are different, even more, difficult to acquire, and expensive. More importantly, they not very good for day to day wearing (Omega is old and fragile, Reverso very "dressy" and not so tough as North Flag)

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have a similar approach.
Tudor North Flag and Rolex should be my "daily drivers". They intersect in the middle (sport jacket and no tie) but belongs to two different domains. Tudor - family trips, nature, casual office. Rolex - office, and business.

There another 2 watches that I'm looking for that should fill the void: Omega Seamaster 176.007 as a vintage chronograph and JLC Reverso as a dress watch. Both are out of the scope of this discussion because they are different, even more, difficult to acquire, and expensive. More importantly, they not very good for day to day wearing (Omega is old and fragile, Reverso very "dressy" and not so tough as North Flag)
Nice! I was thinking about the Tudor Black Bay GMT as a casual, family trip watch. I like vintage for my dress watches, Omega, Longines, Rolex (maybe someday).

·
Registered
124 Posts
For God's sake, you are 198cm!! you can wear a saucer at your wrist, if you want to...
Said that, MILGAUSS all the way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts