WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Someone offered me this Rolex 6694 up for trade, but I have never handled or studied Rolex. Can any of you experts gather any information from these photos that would distinguish this watch from being real or fake? I have some questions that might be rookie questions but I hope you will allow 'em.

- What does the 257 mean on the bracelet endlinks?
- What does the 2 71 mean on the clasp?
- Any indications that the dial is altered?
- Any indication of the year of release?

BONUS QUESTION: What would the price range be for this specific model (without box/papers).

Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Fashion accessory Silver
Watch Green Watch accessory Fashion accessory Metal
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch accessory Strap Buckle Watch Material property

·
Registered
999 Posts
It's a project watch and it needs work. The braclet can't be polished, or brushed again. The dial looks orginal
Considering it's over 50 years old that type of wear isn't surprising. If it is all orginal piece that runs and keeps good time I would wear it for it's ultra vintage appeal.

What size case? 29 or 34 mm?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
34mm... he wanted to trade it for my Nomos 737 (worth around 1,110 usd). do you think thats a good deal?

It's a project watch and it needs work. The braclet can't be polished, or brushed again. The dial looks orginal
Considering it's over 50 years old that type of wear isn't surprising. If it is all orginal piece that runs and keeps good time I would wear it for it's ultra vintage appeal.

What size case? 29 or 34 mm?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
40,722 Posts
I wouldn't do the trade if I were you. For me, I would be bugged to no end to leave a watch looking like that and will send it for service. The cost of the service would negate any happiness in owning a "vintage" watch or rather piece of junk.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
The watch and its parts are all real but the spots on the dial, the blackened lume plots and the corrosion to the hands indicate water damage. If there is water damage to the front then there is most definitely water damage to the movement. Also, as stated above, that bracelet is very thin and stretched out. It has been polished many times in its life and doesnt have much life left. The watch is capable of life again but it will be an investment to do so. An $1100 trade is a bit steep for a project. Definitely not an even trade. The owner would need to kick in a few hundred to even up.

To revamp the Rolex.

Bracelet rebuild $350
Replacement dial and hands $300
Service to movement $500

Once the Rolex is resotred back to its former glory, it is easily a $2500 watch.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really appreciate the reply! tons of good advice... I will probably keep my nomos thanks to this thread :) thanks guys

The watch and its parts are all real but the spots on the dial, the blackened lume plots and the corrosion to the hands indicate water damage. If there is water damage to the front then there is most definitely water damage to the movement. Also, as stated above, that bracelet is very thin and stretched out. It has been polished many times in its life and doesnt have much life left. The watch is capable of life again but it will be an investment to do so. An $1100 trade is a bit steep for a project. Definitely not an even trade. The owner would need to kick in a few hundred to even up.

To revamp the Rolex.

Bracelet rebuild $350
Replacement dial and hands $300
Service to movement $500

Once the Rolex is resotred back to its former glory, it is easily a $2500 watch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.