WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! I am looking to make my way into the Rolex/Tudor family. I am looking at two watches I am trying to decide to buy. I have about a $1400 budget

Here is the Tudor 7200

Rolex Tudor Prince OysterDate self-winding stainless steel "REDUCED"

Here is the Rolex 6694

Rolex Oysterdate Precision

The Tudor looks like it's in better shape, it is also newer and I'm gravitating toward it, it's also $200 less than my budget so I'd have some pocket money.

The Rolex well.. Is a Rolex. It's a little older and looks worse for wear. I'd also be spending about $200 more than I'd like. (Please keep in mind these prices are Canadian dollars)

Very similar styles. Was just wondering what your opinions would be given my situation.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I have owned a ref 6694 before - nice little starter Rolex. If you get the Tudor you will wish you had gotten the Rolex.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have owned a ref 6694 before - nice little starter Rolex. If you get the Tudor you will wish you had gotten the Rolex.
The one think I'm worried about is in the ad it says (service recommended as I do not know the service history) is this a red flag / worth it?

·
Registered
Lately: Omega Seamaster Professional Divers 300
4,300 Posts
You'll never wish you bought the Rolex if you want the Tudor. It would only mean you bought the watxh you liked less. Why do people (some) think everyone else thinks that Rolex is always the best. If they were right there wouldn't be any other brands.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im going to look at the Rolex tomorrow. I may go Rolex for the simple fact that I can't find that much about the 7200 online for info. Still thinking though

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Well I assume one factor you already considered is the fact that the Rolex is a manual wind and the Tudor is an automatic. For many that's an issue, especially in light of the fact that you have to unscrew the crown to do the daily or every other day winding.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I assume one factor you already considered is the fact that the Rolex is a manual wind and the Tudor is an automatic. For many that's an issue, especially in light of the fact that you have to unscrew the crown to do the daily or every other day winding.
Yes I kind of enjoy that, it'll be my first manual wind

1 - 10 of 10 Posts