WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far in my collection I have a two tone Sub and an Datejust. Just bought a 6694 from a respectable source in very good condition for about $1K (head only). 35mm with gold dial. I buy when I like a watch, this one struck my fancy. Good deal/ok deal/bad deal?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Unsure about the watch/Rolex world's view on collectability, but I love the 6694 Oysterdate. The pictures of the manual movement look nice and it has a clean look.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I buy when I like a watch, this one struck my fancy.
Doesn't this comment about sum it up?

Do you really need forum approval to validate your acquisition?

If this is a watch, for however length of time, that intrigues you to the point of purchasing it, then why not just make your announcement, show a picture or two and decide if you want to acquire an Oyster bracelet or not and enjoy the winding and wearing experience. Hey, it's a tried and true Rolex. On this forum, there are no regrets for getting one.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesn't this comment about sum it up?

Do you really need forum approval to validate your acquisition?

If this is a watch, for however length of time, that intrigues you to the point of purchasing it, then why not just make your announcement, show a picture or two and decide if you want to acquire an Oyster bracelet or not and enjoy the winding and wearing experience. Hey, it's a tried and true Rolex. On this forum, there are no regrets for getting one.
What are you talkung about? Did I ask for approval? Negative, I was asking for feedback / info on this Rolex model. Did you provide anything of value to this thread? Negative! Go troll elsewhere.

·
4,410 Posts
Like what as far as information? Caliber, depth rating, etc…

They were extremely popular when they came out and continue to be a fine choice for those looking to add a vintage Rolex and not break the bank. Many here own them. Those owners may chime in, they may not, give it some time. (I'm sure they will, though.)

And for the recored, Kawika is not a troll. He was simply stating what many here would think as well. You bought a watch that struck your fancy. So the whole "Good deal/ok deal/bad deal?" is water under the bridge. That was his point. The deal is done. If you paid too much after the fact people are far less often to weigh in one way or the other; keep that in mind as well.

To be frank, I'm not too terribly current on the going rate for these, so I have no idea what kind of deal your got, but I can say they are very nice watches with what I consider to be a very nice caliber.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I do like the 6694 as it is very versatile as a daily wear or as a dress watch . The drilled lugs make changing out a variety of straps very easy, but the 19mm lug width is unique to the 6694 (in my collection anyway). I thought of selling mine to Bob's Watches and they were not interested in a 6694 without the bracelet. They said there is not much demand and wouldn't even make me a counter offer to my $1,000 asking price.

IMG_6768.JPG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts