WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a brand-new Rolex Sub Mariner and when I bought it, they adjusted the bracelet to the smallest it would go. However, it's still a little loose our preferred to have slightly tighter. My wrists are quite big, probably around 8 inches so I'm guessing that most people who have got Rolexes may have had to remove some links. Will I need to remove links either side of the buckle/catch? I'm just wondering if I just get them to take one out whether it will make the watch slightly uneven.

·
Registered
621 Posts
If I understand your post correctly, the bracelet didn't have any links removed, it was adjusted only at the clasp. Sounds like you need a link removed. Don't worry about the clasp being slightly off center. That is just the nature of the beast.

·
Registered
231 Posts
This is my advice/what I did with my sub. Set the glide lock so that 2 notches are showing, it should put the bracelet right at the middle of the clasp. Then have your jeweler take out links (1 by one alternating sides to keep it as even as possible) until it fits. That method will give you the most range in tightening it or loosening it. Other option is to bring the glide lock all the way in for maximum expansion in case you think you'll be wearing it over a wetsuit any time soon.

·
Banned
6,316 Posts
I've got a brand-new Rolex Sub Mariner and when I bought it, they adjusted the bracelet to the smallest it would go. However, it's still a little loose our preferred to have slightly tighter. My wrists are quite big, probably around 8 inches so I'm guessing that most people who have got Rolexes may have had to remove some links. Will I need to remove links either side of the buckle/catch? I'm just wondering if I just get them to take one out whether it will make the watch slightly uneven.
usually one from the 6 o'clock side works on almost everyone (meaning the clasp will land in the middle of your wrist). i'm assuming the "glide" is set to the inner most notch right now... so removing one from the 6 side will make it too snug and you will have to set the glide two or three notches out which will give you room to tighten or loosen one out or in whenever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts