WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Here’s what I see:
The outside part of the clasp is definitely wrong and looks suspicious. It’s wrong because the crown shouldn’t extend past the end of clasp. There were some that did, but not on 6-digit. The model number of bracelet (at least in pic) has that wonky zero, although it could be the angle of pic.
What I don’t see:
The clasp code and embossed Rolex stamping. If that’s wonky, not crisp, or has numbers that don’t correspond to legit bracelets and dates, it’s tell-tale sign. End links, I didn’t research but don’t think they’re designed for Tudor anyway.
One thing I always do to authenticate a bracelet if I have it in hand is unscrew a couple screws. Why? Because Rolex bracelet screws are soooo precise, cut sooooo well, and fit soooo perfectly, makes them extremely difficult to counterfeit. Not to mention the cost would be excessive to duplicate given its not seen.

Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
4,390 Posts
The center links are solid— it’s a sure fire way of spotting a fake heavy oyster bracelet. Original center links for this model are hollow. To be honest, nothing looks correct about it. It’s not even close.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Here’s what I see:
The outside part of the clasp is definitely wrong and looks suspicious. It’s wrong because the crown shouldn’t extend past the end of clasp. There were some that did, but not on 6-digit. The model number of bracelet (at least in pic) has that wonky zero, although it could be the angle of pic.
What I don’t see:
The clasp code and embossed Rolex stamping. If that’s wonky, not crisp, or has numbers that don’t correspond to legit bracelets and dates, it’s tell-tale sign. End links, I didn’t research but don’t think they’re designed for Tudor anyway.
One thing I always do to authenticate a bracelet if I have it in hand is unscrew a couple screws. Why? Because Rolex bracelet screws are soooo precise, cut sooooo well, and fit soooo perfectly, makes them extremely difficult to counterfeit. Not to mention the cost would be excessive to duplicate given its not seen.

Just my .02

Rolex screw looks like this

·
Registered
21 Posts
The center links are solid— it’s a sure fire way of spotting a fake heavy oyster bracelet. Original center links for this model are hollow. To be honest, nothing looks correct about it. It’s not even close.
Hi!

Just wanted to say, I have absolutely no experience in looking at these bracelets until since the last week.

Though the number of websites I have searched looking for parts for my Tudor Prince Oysterdate that is a 1978 with bracelet 7835 19 and end links 361 those images sure do look like the bracelet is a genuine Rolex bracelet but without knowing the date of that watch I would not know if it was originally sold with that watch.

From what I have seen, dependent on the date of manufacturer and the country of manufacture different bracelets were attached to these watches.

Of course what Im saying is almost 100% not accurate as I explained, to my untrained eye it looks like a genuine bracelet but probably not originally sold with that watch.

And to come back to what franco60 said, if you are not trained in this job with a wealth of experience its extremely difficult to spot fake from real (like myself), as all the other 78350 I have seen also have another two digits engraved

:)

·
4,390 Posts
Out of curiosity, what makes you say the bracelet is correct? Is it anything specific or, is it just a general hunch you may have? I can’t see any single thing on the bracelet that would be correct on a genuine 78350 bracelet. What am I missing that you are seeing?

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Out of curiosity, what makes you say the bracelet is correct? Is it anything specific or, is it just a general hunch you may have? I can’t see any single thing on the bracelet that would be correct on a genuine 78350 bracelet. What am I missing that you are seeing?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi! Sorry, looks like i didnt put my point across very well. To the contrary, i was just doing my best to explain that to the untrained eye (like myself) something that looks genuine can easily be a fake.

Thats why I said

Of course what Im saying is almost 100% not accurate
:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts