WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , i need some advise on rolex certs from Japan? Are model serial numbers suppose to be printed or punched! Please advise.
Thanks

·
Registered
359 Posts
The ones from outside the U.S. should be punched, and the front will have a sticker with the model and serial # as well. The ones in the U.S are usually typed, and blank on the front.

Non-U.S here...

New style U.S. Here...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your information.
What is the difference between pic 1 and pic 2?
I have seen a different one from japan. It's slightly similar to the second picture but the position of names address /jeweler name on the cert is different. Is there a standard or different country use different type/kind/design cert.
Many thanks!

·
Registered
359 Posts
They may use a slightly different certificate. Pic #1 is an older (pre 2004) certificate, and pic #2 is a new one. Not sure if it is China or Japan, but they have their own language that is printed on the front, and put a different sticker over the hologram on the back of the watch as well.
I have a Korean Submariner booklet that came with my 16610, as it was purchased there. I changed it out with U.S. booklets.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks Chris & Ohlins,

Chris- The serial number on yours are printed and Ohlin's are punched.

My worry here is that i am picking up a used Airking which is from japan.
The cert is printed but differ from Chris's. Any more advice from you guys!

Happy new year!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts