WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know an AD for Rolex that is willing to sell a Cosmograph Daytona in SS w/o the crazy mark-up? Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
r6
I don't know which part of the world you live in.
But the simple answer would have to be NO.
If you are able to locate one you willbe one extremely lucky person.
I just don't think that they are available like that. Sorry

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I doubt it. I waited a almost a year for mine.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I don't know where you live, but the AD's around here sell them for MSRP when they get one in...

They do require you to meet some minimum customer requirements to get on their "lists" however.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I figured... bummer. ADs in Dallas, TX wants you to have an established relationship with them.

·
Registered
41,760 Posts
:-s I hear tell that an AD has to sign a blood contract that they won't
mark one up, but they'll put the squeez on you in other ways. Then
again, I know of three people who just walked in and asked and got one. Then again, they were big time customers. If you don't fit the para-
meters, your gonna have to put down a hefty deposit and get on the
wating list, two years last I heard. Then, there's the Grey Market.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ive been waiting 2 years good luck

·
Registered
9,965 Posts
Hello, work on the relationship w/ Ad. It's a beautiful watch and like all cult Rolexes will be worth a bloody fortune to Rolex afficionados/collectors. I have 2 mid 1970's Explorer II's I bought new, I keep them serviced, looking new, recently both were given a big service etc. look better than new, they're a cult model good $ appreciation, better than stocks and bonds!!!!
regards Dr. Robert

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still interested in buying a Daytona, anyone with a lead? Perhaps someone who has a good working relationship w/ an AD but isn't interested in a Daytona?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I have no leads or anything but I would think it has to be easier to find one these days compared to how it used to be:-s:think:

Good luck with your hunt;-)

-Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
This, I didn't expect. I was in Jakarta, Indonesia 4 weeks ago, There I bought my SS Daytona White dial for around $8,500 from The Time Place at Plaza Indonesia, they also have on stock at their another branch in Plaza Senayan. Very good price of the exchange rate plus they've used March 2008 price list ex.Singapore.
FYI- Time Place is Rolex AD and they own the RSC in Jakarta.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I actually just stumbled upon one locally -- new, black face. The dealer is an AD, and I just casually mentioned that I would love to find a Daytona in SS. He said that he had one available. The rest is history.

Of course I don't think it hurt that I had just bought a GMT II for myself and a Cellini for my wife. I think that falls under the heading "establishing a relationship with the dealer."

·
Registered
885 Posts
sorry for this question, im kinda new on rolex forum. I dont understand this, you have to meet certain conditions to buy Rolex Daytona?

how just have the money???

·
4,077 Posts
Supply for the SS Daytonas is far below demand. Thus, they only put the the "good" customers (people that spend lots of money with that AD) on the waiting list.

Sad, but that's the reality with most highly sought after models for ANY luxury watch. The current economic slowdown might loosen those criteria some, but probably not much.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts