WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was setting my mom's watch for her today and thought I'd share a couple of pictures of her 2 tone Datejust. She was a Rolex sales person for many years and the factory rewarded her with this watch. Since the factory engraved the case, I guess you could say it is a one of a kind Rolex...kind of. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else knows of someone with a "Crown Club" watch?
IMG_5108.JPG
IMG_5112.JPG

·
Registered
496 Posts
Very cool. Nope, don’t know anyone in that club....I’ll refrain from telling any Momma jokes ��������.

Reactions: badindianswamp

·
Registered
458 Posts
Have seen before. It has to do with reaching a certain level of sales. Rolex gifts a watch to the sales person, in this case your mom, for attaining that level. The person's name and "Rolex Crown Club" are engraved on the case back.

They're out there but don't come up for sale very often for obvious reasons. Quite sentimental for the person gifted it, handed down, etc. Not sure if it's still policy or not. A friend has one from working at a local AD for many years.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I wonder if they still do this at AD's. My mom received the watch over 30 years ago when a salesperson's efforts actually had an impact on sales. She doesn't remember what her sales figures were, but she said she was able to choose the watch and dial she wanted.
I can't imagine these engraved pieces being sold very often, but I would love to see some other ones that are out there and hear the owners stories.

Have seen before. It has to do with reaching a certain level of sales. Rolex gifts a watch to the sales person, in this case your mom, for attaining that level. The person's name and "Rolex Crown Club" are engraved on the case back.

They're out there but don't come up for sale very often for obvious reasons. Quite sentimental for the person gifted it, handed down, etc. Not sure if it's still policy or not. A friend has one from working at a local AD for many years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts