WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
although, the rolex datejust is an automatic. you could wind it on the 1st position (after unscrewing the crown).

here is the problem:

►in the 1st position, when manually winding the watch, sometimes, the gears slips.

Meaning, when you wind the watch in the 1st position, you can hear the gears engaging while manually winding the watch and then it slips/disengages. (as if the gears are not locked together anymore).:think:

aside from this problem, there is no problem with the watch, it runs perfectly.

Question:
what parts/gears should i change? and how much will it cost?

·
Registered
891 Posts
although, the rolex datejust is an automatic. you could wind it on the 1st position (after unscrewing the crown).

here is the problem:

►in the 1st position, when manually winding the watch, sometimes, the gears slips.

Meaning, when you wind the watch in the 1st position, you can hear the gears engaging while manually winding the watch and then it slips/disengages. (as if the gears are not locked together anymore).:think:

aside from this problem, there is no problem with the watch, it runs perfectly.

Question:
what parts/gears should i change? and how much will it cost?
Hey..I have that problem too! My DJ is close to 40 years young,and I encountered this problem serveral times. What I did was to wind slowly,so that it would be smooth.

I sent it for service just that day and have yet to collect my watch,so when it comes back I see if it still has the problem

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey..I have that problem too! My DJ is close to 40 years young,and I encountered this problem serveral times. What I did was to wind slowly,so that it would be smooth.

I sent it for service just that day and have yet to collect my watch,so when it comes back I see if it still has the problem
dear darkangel,

since you have sent it for service, please tell me what part/s they change and how much they charged you for it. thank you

·
Registered
891 Posts
dear darkangel,

since you have sent it for service, please tell me what part/s they change and how much they charged you for it. thank you
No problem.Will inform you when I get my watch back;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts