WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the tudor black bay 58 that I have had for a year. Just got a brand new rolex datejust at retail that is perfection and luckily walked in and found it at my local dealer. I could swing both but it would be a little tight. I love both, is it worth a few more sandwiches at home to keep both? Ughhh watch collection is a passion and a disease. So fortunate to own a rolex at all!
Watch Arm Analog watch Clock Finger

·
Registered
824 Posts
Nice looking DJ. I’d give it a bit before you decide to unload the Tudor. You could find yourself wanting to rotate, you may not take to the DJ, or you may find that you aren’t wearing the Tudor…in which case I’d get rid of it.

I’m in a similar boat at the moment. I had a Omega Seamaster and I just picked up a Pelagos. I’m not sure if I’ll hang onto both (the Pelagos is more my style). We’ll see.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Keep both :)

·
Premium Member
10,488 Posts
BLT?

Reactions: cykrops

·
Registered
595 Posts
I’d give it a bit before making your decision. You may find that rotating bezel on the BB58 comes in handy while prepping all those at home meals needed to keep both .

Anyway- congratulations on a great pickup with the DJ! It does seem to suit you perfectly.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I personally like the BB58 more, but I'll agree that the size of the Rolex looks better on your wrist.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Love the tudor black bay 58 that I have had for a year. Just got a brand new rolex datejust at retail that is perfection and luckily walked in and found it at my local dealer. I could swing both but it would be a little tight. I love both, is it worth a few more sandwiches at home to keep both? Ughhh watch collection is a passion and a disease. So fortunate to own a rolex at all! View attachment 16366151
Keep them both, and maybe stop buying watches if funds are really that tight that resale value on a 58 is going to make or break you... You now have the perfect combo for any situation.

·
Registered
Omega Seamaster 120m
94 Posts
Maybe sell the Tudor and pick up a ~$1K workhorse watch? Frees up like ~$2K to fund the Rolex and you get to buy a new watch hehe

·
Registered
566 Posts
Keep em both! I dont mind eating bologna sandwiches on daily basis! Now, if it is turkey breast, then hmmm....

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Keep both and stop, because that's a wonderful 2-watch collection. All you truly need. I even like that one has a date and one doesn't.

The only thing I may consider (if you are reasonably confident you will be stopping at 2 watches for a while) is trading the BB58 for a blue dial so you don't have two black dial watches.

But I sure wouldn't be moving that BB58. Again, that's an amazing combo.

·
Registered
379 Posts
How much do you like the Tudor ? There are other divers that look like that for 1/3 or even 1/4 price of the Tudor.

If it was me the decision would be extremely easy since I am not into the BB58 at all

1 - 20 of 53 Posts