WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend suprised me, showing this one few days ago. At age of 63 he finaly decided to buy something little moore serious, than what he has in few boxes at home. Still keeping it away from his wife;-).

He is notorius fan of the dial and hands lume. He had an idea to replace this hands (good idea maybe, if he chouse to us the same model) with newer ones, like Datejust has it today, or to insert a lume stripes on this, old ones.

I wonder and he does too, (I never had a vintage Rolex in hands before) if theis hands even had a luming in original version or not. Any idea about that? He is planing to visit an certified watchmakers shop for servicing so thay will be able to tell him what needs to be don, but he is courious.
Thanks!

Marijan Radaljac

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much Neil.

I hope that he will leave original hands on, or replace it with original new parts. The hands and the dial partialy, sufferd quite a damage by moisture obviously. So replacement of hands may be beter solution than reddoing these.

I read that Ojster datejust was introduced in 40`s. What about this particulare one. 60`s? Later?

Thanks!

Marijan Radaljac

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Thank you very much Neil.

I hope that he will leave original hands on, or replace it with original new parts. The hands and the dial partialy, sufferd quite a damage by moisture obviously. So replacement of hands may be beter solution than reddoing these.

I read that Ojster datejust was introduced in 40`s. What about this particulare one. 60`s? Later?

Thanks!

Marijan Radaljac
Yes I would guess '60's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts