WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this guy is selling a broken Rolex Yachtmaster and Datejust. There are so many red flags; he says he knows nothing about watches, he simply puts he found them in his ad, they don't run, he hardly wants anything for them, etc. The only thing that they have going for them is that they are older, and that he said they have been sitting a while. I don't know why but that made me feel better about it. In either case what do you think? Prepare to strain your eyes with fuzzy pictures!

Rolex2.jpg Rolex.jpg 20140903_194417.jpeg Rolex4.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
So..possibly the most well known watch brand in the world and he

Knows nothing about watches

He found them

He has a computer so subsequently he has the ability to use a search engine

Any alarm bells ringing yet ?

·
Registered
286 Posts
So..possibly the most well known watch brand in the world and he

Knows nothing about watches

He found them

He has a computer so subsequently he has the ability to use a search engine

Any alarm bells ringing yet ?
Simply that ....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Is there anything showing them being blatantly fake in the pictures? He said that sticker on the back is really tough, and that it looks like someone tried to take it off before but couldn't get it off.

20140905_080444.jpeg 20140905_080533.jpeg

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Is there anything showing them being blatantly fake in the pictures? He said that sticker on the back is really tough, and that it looks like someone tried to take it off before but couldn't get it off.

View attachment 1622787 View attachment 1622797

I'm no expert, but I do have a Datejust 16014, and the first thing that clues me in that the one in your photos is fake is the date wheel. That 3 in the date window doesn't look like the 3's on mine or any date just I've seen. I'd stay away.

·
Registered
286 Posts
this 16014 is a fake - the endlicks / bracelet is a giveaway : president bracelet which is supposed to be full gold while this one is almost certainly only plated. Besides I've never seen any "full gold" 16014 also, but rather 1601.
teh YM looks ****ty as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts