WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I’ve thought for awhile that this is all by design and they may up production but they’re driving up value now. I’m sure there will be price increases across the board.

·
Premium Member
10,684 Posts
This is the most credible article written by a watch journalist to this day; I picked my favorite quotes from his masterpiece of a write up.

"This social media promotion is not just limited to Rolex, itself. The company manages the feeds of its authorised dealers as well so that they are also promoting the precious metal Oyster Perpetual Classic models."

"On the supply side, the secrecy on production is almost entirely impenetrable. However, most authorised dealers I speak to believe Rolex is making around one million watches per year and that it is increasing production by around 6% annually — an additional 60,000 watches."

"Supply and demand for Rolex Oystersteel Professional watches will start to move towards balance in two years’ time because it must."

·
Premium Member
29,365 Posts
This is the most credible article written by a watch journalist to this day; I picked my favorite quotes from his masterpiece of a write up.

"This social media promotion is not just limited to Rolex, itself. The company manages the feeds of its authorised dealers as well so that they are also promoting the precious metal Oyster Perpetual Classic models."

"On the supply side, the secrecy on production is almost entirely impenetrable. However, most authorised dealers I speak to believe Rolex is making around one million watches per year and that it is increasing production by around 6% annually — an additional 60,000 watches."

"Supply and demand for Rolex Oystersteel Professional watches will start to move towards balance in two years’ time because it must."
… and of course, demand continues to rise... ;-)

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
Atleast all those looking for SS sports know now not to start any more stupid waste of time threads. They can all stop whining and crying into their latte’s knowing that they can all have what they want in Nov/dec 2021. yey.

·
Premium Member
30,670 Posts

well said

329 Posts
The entire article is based on speculation. I thought maybe he would have insight on 904l steel supply increase, extra machinery purchased, hiring of extra watch builders, etc...

Good Lord. This was simply click bait.

·
Registered
41,183 Posts
I heard 950,000, that was in 2006.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
The argument that Rolex does not want to spoil its relationship with ADs makes a lot of sense. Whereas I do agree that Rolex will speed up production for that reason, I don’t think everyone will walk out from dealerships with Daytonas on their wrists. I do believe that the high volume production will come from the Tudor brand, while easing a bit the shortage on the Rolex side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
I think the things that will change will be order times and order fulfillment.
ie, if you order a Daytona, yes you WILL get it in 2-7 years.
GMT and Submariner orders will happen within 4-6 weeks.
Explorer I and II will be in windows as will ALL Datejust and OP’s.
The biggest change I think coming over the next few years is Rolex only selling via direct sales and their own owned boutiques. All the above will avoid the ridiculous situation with greys and fake VIP lists at AD’s trying to profit.
I hope it all gets sorted because the current situation has definately dented this brand for me not to mention the way the watches have gone with too much bling.
The best watch for me right now in the catalogue is the black face OP39. No BS just pure Rolex dna. We’ll see in due course but for now the chaos will remain.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
I think the things that will change will be order times and order fulfillment.
ie, if you order a Daytona, yes you WILL get it in 2-7 years.
GMT and Submariner orders will happen within 4-6 weeks.
Explorer I and II will be in windows as will ALL Datejust and OP’s.
The biggest change I think coming over the next few years is Rolex only selling via direct sales and their own owned boutiques. All the above will avoid the ridiculous situation with greys and fake VIP lists at AD’s trying to profit.
I hope it all gets sorted because the current situation has definately dented this brand for me not to mention the way the watches have gone with too much bling.
The best watch for me right now in the catalogue is the black face OP39. No BS just pure Rolex dna. We’ll see in due course but for now the chaos will remain.
Rolex have no control on the grey market.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.