WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Panerai 312 against a friend's Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The above Panerai is the PAM312 model @ 44mm from left side bezel to right side bezel (does not include crown and crown protector area).

·
Registered
712 Posts
love both watches...
I just wish the 312 had the super domed crystal like the 233...but i guess they left that out on purpose lol

Two beautiful watches...but DSSD takes the cake for me...not biased or anything though :-d

Thanks for sharing :-!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
On the hunt for a Pam 312, but gotta go with the DSSD.. I love that thickness and the beauty of the DSSD..

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Nice comparison

As a DSSD owner I'm biased - but the PAM is a classic and deservedly

Interesting in comparison the Rolex looks smaller and more compact - thicker, but not larger

s

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Absolute Mustard, its a full beard :-d

Syms, I was like you at first but comparing the 2 side by side I think that the less domed 312 looks nicer in general. The super dome should be reserved for some special edition watches and not a stock feature on 1950 case models.

Glad everyone enjoyed.

Ill put up Milgauss GV vs SS Daytona pics soon :)

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I love the looks of a PAM.
Unfortunately the ''old'' Sea-Dweller is already too big for my wrist.
That is why I went for the Sub.

The PAM is waaaay too big for my small wrist..;-)

·
Registered
712 Posts
The Rolex definitely does look smaller, but then i believe it is smaller...
The DSSD is 43mm if i'm not mistaken...and the 312 is 44mm without the humungo crown guard (which makes it look and wear much larger!)

Corruptedsanity: I agree it was smart of them to leave the super domed out of this watch...and it should stay on only a select few models like the 233...just wish the 233 was a few thousand cheaper haha

Nice comparison

As a DSSD owner I'm biased - but the PAM is a classic and deservedly

Interesting in comparison the Rolex looks smaller and more compact - thicker, but not larger

s

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Symms, I too wish it were 5K cheaper but hey that's ok. Power to the owners who feel some exclusivity.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
A nice friendly thread, refreshing.......hopefully nobody comes through and mucks it up! Love both brands, thx for the pics.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
People on this forum are very refined. I expect no such thing. :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts