WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked continental and another ad for rolex.. both have said that its very difficult to offer discounts (at most 5%)...
Anyone can pm a rolex ad or a jeweler who can get it from an ad with a greater discount?
Thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Incentives depends on many factors, your negotiating skills, if you are a returning customer, if the item is sitting in stock for a while, etc...
I've seen incentives from 1% to 15% (15% from a guy that bought a Polar Explorer recently) based on what I read here, YMMV on which AD you are going to deal with and always bring cash as it does cost them money if you use credit card.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
The discount you may be offered depends a lot on which model you wish to purchase.

·
Registered
429 Posts
walk in with cash and say you want to buy it then and there.. expect 5-15% depending on the watch... where are you buying it?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Are we allowed to name ADs? Might want to remove the names

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
Let me ask you OP, what kind of "discount" are you looking for?

Why would you even ask this forum on which AD that can give massive "discount" on a Rolex?

Let me tell you, based from experience and other Rolex enthusiasts, purchasing a Rolex means you are prepared to pay MSRP or close to MSRP

If the AD can sell the watch at MSRP with no issues, I do not see why they would give you a massive "discount" on them

You should settle with what the AD is giving you as an incentive or you may be chasing your tail if you are looking for "discounts" on the most popular models

NEXT!

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
The discount you may be offered depends a lot on which model you wish to purchase.
Very true. Gold and/or two-tone watches are generally easy to negotiate a discount. Stainless steel models are very discount. I purchased both my Submariner and Explorer from the same AD, who was only willing to offer a discount the equivalent of state tax I was paying; still, better than nothing.

Best advice is to call around or, in the alternative, go to an AD and make it clear that you are willing to purchase immediately if they are willing to give a discount, which may work. Offering to pay cash may trigger a discount as well.

Bottom line: there are discounts to be had, but you may have to do a bit of work to get one.

Good luck,

mike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Let me ask you OP, what kind of "discount" are you looking for?

Why would you even ask this forum on which AD that can give massive "discount" on a Rolex?

Let me tell you, based from experience and other Rolex enthusiasts, purchasing a Rolex means you are prepared to pay MSRP or close to MSRP

If the AD can sell the watch at MSRP with no issues, I do not see why they would give you a massive "discount" on them

You should settle with what the AD is giving you as an incentive or you may be chasing your tail if you are looking for "discounts" on the most popular models

NEXT!
Sorry its bc i never had any experience with purchasing one.

Im looking for a Submariner
114060 (no date)or
116610LN

·
Registered
186 Posts
^ Both are watches AD can move at MSRP. I would say 1-5%, these models are very hot right now and people are willing to pay MSRP for them.

There also could be a price increase around Spring 2014 (since they did not increase MSRP last year), better get them before the increase!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
The two models u r after are popular Rolex sports watch. Even 5% off is hard to get from ADs.
Either shop in EU when u on a trip (tax refund alone is abt 15% depending on country) or buy online from trusted dealers.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
437 Posts
Rolex first time buy.er.. no discounts?? Searched around the forum but didnt...

A local B&M AD offered me -20% off a SS SubC, this is before I even asked for a discount. The more 'popular' models won't be as heavily discounted. Also depending on your location discounts may be challenging, especially in Asian ATM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
so what if im choosing between a 10k jlc with additional 20% discount vs this rolex... yawn
im in the us not asia.
Pick the one you want the most, regardless of price.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts