WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, community.
I'm looking for a daily watch. One that I can wear with business casual outfit all the way up to a suit
Between this too, which one would be better suited for that?
Is the OP dressy enough to wear with suit?

Enviado do meu SM-A505FN através do Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,396 Posts
Absolutely! Only caveat here is if you keep to the standard colours of white or black. Purple and apple green aren’t really the colours you want to wear with business suits.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I've been hot & cold over time about the Santos, but I think the OP is more of an everyday wear that would go with anything.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think that the white OP will blow you away once you put it on your wrist. It can be used for everything!

Santos is nice, but a much more specific taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
OP definitely pairs well with a suit. I can’t think of a work environment that’s so anachronistically formal that it would seem out of place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
919 Posts
You came to the Rolex Forum, so you had to see this coming ;).

The OP39, any of them really, are just PERFECT for what you described, plus can go even further to fully casual, like a beach or full formal like a Tux.
IMO the Santos just doesnt go casual, the square case and Romain numerals will always look very "buttoned up" formal to me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hello, community.
I'm looking for a daily watch. One that I can wear with business casual outfit all the way up to a suit
Between this too, which one would be better suited for that?
Is the OP dressy enough to wear with suit?

Enviado do meu SM-A505FN através do Tapatalk
Easily the Santos, wonderful bracelet design. Historic, stunning and classy. I'm thinking of getting one myself.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Some say the Santos is too dressy. Personally, I disagree and think that the sleekness of the Santos is something to behold. Both are great options with outstanding histories but the Santos is a little bit special.

·
Premium Member
11,562 Posts
Strictly a matter of preference although if any chance of subsequent dissatisfaction and selling or trading your choice, the decision to choose the OP39 would be a no brainer. I never buy a watch with the intent of selling or trading, but way too often do just that.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
DateJust 41 (Blue) >/= Santos (Blue) > Santos (White) >/= DateJust 41 (White) > OP39

Just my opinion, though.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I don't have the OP, but the Exp I and a last gen. Santos.

I vote for Santos based on your specification. To answer your question, OP can do the job well too, but I just prefer the more distinctive look of the Santos, and I think it looks better than the OP in the smart casual, business casual, suit category (the bonus is that you can easily change between strap and bracelet with its new system). The OP is a great watch, and it can dress down much better than the Santos IMHO. For example, I can imagine having the OP (similar to my Exp I) as the only watch, but I can't do it with the Santos.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Picked up the Santos last fall and absolutely love it - has all the history of the Rolex but still stands apart as a very unique and refined piece. Also have an Explorer 214270 which would wear similar to the OP. Love that too but in a different way... if you already have several watches I'd definitely go Santos, if this will be your one and only then go OP. Both will be tough, the Santos has an 8 yr warranty with Cartier now and feels solid despite the diminutive size.

One thing I'd add is that even though the medium Santos is a small watch, people will notice it and comment significantly more than they will on the OP, which will fly under the radar to everyone who doesn't already know what it is... I'd go so far as to say the OP case/dial is the definitive look for peoples' abstract concept of what an ordinary wrist watch should look like.. Could be a good thing or bad thing depending on whether you want your watch noticed or not.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts