WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm buying my father a pre-owned (95 %) Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date reference 11520. I thought it's a good company in his retirement days. I was worried about the pink dial color, is it too girly or it's fine? What do you guys think?

On Rolex official web here the pink color is subtle. Whereas the picture from the seller I'd like to purchase is a bit different, it has darker pink dial, like below.
115200-8_zps6b7ca655.jpg

So, should I be worried about this? Overall, is the Oyster Perpetual Date ref 115200 a good choice? Thanks for your opinion, guys.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
If you're trying to emasculate the color, it's referred to as 'Pink'. If one wants to 'man up' the color, then it's called 'copper'.

There are differences in how pictures display on the web, so that likely accounts for the color difference from one site to another.

It's a fine watch. Many in the on line forum world find it small at 34mm, but it's a real Rolex with a 3135 movement, same as the Datejust, but 2mm smaller in size. Rolex considers it a 'man size' watch and lots and lots of people wear it and enjoy it, but if size envy is a possibility, then you're probably better served by shelling out the extra currency and getting a Datejust at 36mm. Because of the size issue, the watch generally sells for less than a Datejust, so if cost is an issue, this should work, unless the person receiving it reads forums like this and feels cheated.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're trying to emasculate the color, it's referred to as 'Pink'. If one wants to 'man up' the color, then it's called 'copper'.

There are differences in how pictures display on the web, so that likely accounts for the color difference from one site to another.

It's a fine watch. Many in the on line forum world find it small at 34mm, but it's a real Rolex with a 3135 movement, same as the Datejust, but 2mm smaller in size. Rolex considers it a 'man size' watch and lots and lots of people wear it and enjoy it, but if size envy is a possibility, then you're probably better served by shelling out the extra currency and getting a Datejust at 36mm. Because of the size issue, the watch generally sells for less than a Datejust, so if cost is an issue, this should work, unless the person receiving it reads forums like this and feels cheated.
Thanks for the information, Kawika. I learn new thing everyday.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I think the rolex web site is incorrect as it appears to show a silver dial. There is a silver dial, white dial, black dial, blue dial and pink dial. The pink dial is a lovely salmon colour.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I met with the guy who sell this piece yesterday, and it really is pink, not milk pink. Like what you said, Andy, it really is different than from Rolex website.
This is the picture from official Rolex website for comparison.
2013-10-01 11 35 02.png

I tried to put on my wrist, at 34 mm, I think it's the minimum acceptable size for my 5.9" wrist.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts