WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

Up for sale today is my 1982/83 Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date. First the specs, then the run down:

Condition: 6.5/10
Movement: 3035
Crystal: Acrylic
Case: Stainless Steel, Flat polished bezel
Dimensions: 34mm
Caseback: screw-in, steel
Crown: screw-down
Dial: Tropical Sunburst AND Modern Rolex Gloss Black
Bracelet: Oyster Bracelet with period correct end links
WR: 100 meters
Service History: Unknown.
No original box, no original papers.

As stated above the watch is in good condition, but it does show its wear. Original case and bracelet (to the best of my knowledge--green hologram sticker is still on the caseback), and watch comes with RSC guarantee of authenticity. When I purchased the watch (I don't know what owner I am), the seller failed to disclose that the watch must have suffered a bit of trauma in the past, evident by one of the lugs which is slightly, but noticeably, shorter than the others. It took me a couple of days before I noticed the issue. Nevertheless, the watch remains a handsome and tidy example of this overlooked reference from Rolex.

The watch comes with two dials which can be interchanged depending on the look you're going for. The wonderful tropical dial has incredible depth and texture, and oscillates between a cappuccino brown and slate grey (depending on lighting) and in bright, natural light, the sunburst still shines. The dial has unique little "snowflakes" throughout, which keep it a delightfully idiosyncratic period correct dial. Please note, the tropical dial is NOT the original. Photos of the dial alone are from Chrono24 where I purchased it.

Included also is a modern gloss black Rolex dial if you want to keep a subdued, formal look to the watch. Pictures of both below (note, the tropical dial is currently on the 15000).

Price is set to $3250USD or next reasonable offer. Would consider a trade for a 2012 Speedmaster Professional (i know, oddly specific) + cash from me. I'm happy to answer absolutely any questions or entertain offers. Prefer Canadian sale, but willing to ship CONUS as well (at buyer's expense). Wire transfer (preferred for international buyers), EMT or PayPal as well. References are required.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts