WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
You see the problem i have with what you are saying is that you keep changing the story to suit the questions being asked .From not hearing him tell you about the bezel you now say he told you and sold you the watch at a lower price because of it .
Also not sure why your working under the assumption that I'm here to satisfy your curiosity in any way? I had a simple question about the bezel and wanted some opinions on it which I got and I appreciate. Your suspicion about the chain of events that led up to my post isn't really anything I'm concerned with.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Also not sure why your working under the assumption that I'm here to satisfy your curiosity in any way? I had a simple question about the bezel and wanted some opinions on it which I got and I appreciate. Your suspicion about the chain of events that led up to my post isn't really anything I'm concerned with.
Good because you should be directing your concerns as to the authenticity of the watch. this comment you made has not helped your case on here .

I know my watches well, own plenty of them and did a tremendous amount of research before this purchase.

You may need to rethink that statement

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Good because you should be directing your concerns as to the authenticity of the watch. this comment you made has not helped your case on here .

I know my watches well, own plenty of them and did a tremendous amount of research before this purchase.
As I said, following the bezel replacement the watch was authenticated by a Service Tech in the district and is being brought to RSC next week. I hope that eases your concerns.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts

You may need to rethink that statement
You know your watches well and did a tremendous amount of research, yet you came on this board asking if the bezel was legit?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
You know your watches well and did a tremendous amount of research, yet you came on this board asking if the bezel was legit?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Yes, I've been buying watches for more than 25 years but have never owned a GMT. I did a lot of research on references and movement. I was obviously not well-versed on the bezels but trusted the seller completely based on history. What did I have to lose? Are you happy now?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
How this thread is not been locked yet is beyond me.
I agree. I had a simple question and got some very good, useful feedback. The members with way too much time on their hands can continue to ponder my sanity and honesty elsewhere perhaps. I'm fine with that. Everyone has to be right, unfortunately. When you tell them they're wrong, they can't accept that and assume a conspiracy. Sad.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Of course he says that...now. If he had actually made a point of indicating it to you prior to the sale, he might be a lot less willing to fix the problem.

But as long as you get the watch you want, let the man save face, I guess, eh?
I personally would switch the dealer and not do business with this one. He should have provided you with the proper paperwork. If there was no original paperwork, he should at least have provided you with his own authentication guaranteeing for the originality, stating that the bezel was a replacement piece, plus some warrantee on functionality. This seems super fishy and looks like someone is trying to make a quick buck on the Rolex hype.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
I personally would switch the dealer and not do business with this one. He should have provided you with the proper paperwork. If there was no original paperwork, he should at least have provided you with his own authentication guaranteeing for the originality, stating that the bezel was a replacement piece, plus some warrantee on functionality. This seems super fishy and looks like someone is trying to make a quick buck on the Rolex hype.
Fair point. I probably would agree with you if I didn’t already have a relationship with him and several successful purchases over the years. I give him the benefit of the doubt but I will still be taking it to Rolex for service and authentication.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts