WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was in the middle of my interminable eight-week wait for my new BLNR last week when the Grey Market dealer that I'd placed the order with contacted me to say that they may not be able to source the watch at the price agreed due to their usual suppliers, European dealers, being hit with the new Rolex price increase.

It wasn't a huge surprise as they'd been very honest and upfront the whole way through, and had promised to keep looking for a source to allow them to honour the deal, however it did mean that I faced the prospect of paying up to, or more than, the current RRP for a grey watch. In addition, as we all know, these fellas are rare in AD's these days and I didn't relish the thought of placing a new order and waiting months.

At the weekend however I was visiting the seaside and glanced in the window of the local AD, only to come face to dial with a glistening new BLNR. :p

I hastily called the grey dealer and they were very understanding and kindly agreed to cancel our deal, so I popped straight in and snapped-up my prize!

It's now nestled comfortably on my wrist and will remain there for a good while, I just have to be careful not to let everyone catch me smiling like an idiot and staring at it all the time, and to remember to wipe the drool off it every so often!

(By the way, I know without pics that this didn't happen but I have trouble posting pics from my work machine and for some reason TapaTalk on my phone will only now work on WiFi, not over the mobile network! o|

So as soon as I get onto a WiFi network, or fix $%&£*! TapaTalk, pics will follow.)

Pics at last.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454351156.078588.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454351198.412471.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454351355.660454.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454351235.634358.jpg

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have been trying to find one at an AD as I am considering it for my next purchase and can't seem to find one at all. Maybe it depends where you live?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
679 Posts
Tried one on a few months ago at my AD, very nice watch. Luckily I've already scratched the itch for the most part with the other two GMT I've had.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear chatter on here a lot about the apparent rarity of the BLNR but I don't understand it because pretty much every Rolex AD I've been to in the past 6 months has had one in the window.
I have been trying to find one at an AD as I am considering it for my next purchase and can't seem to find one at all. Maybe it depends where you live?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
This was the first one I'd seen, though I don't have that many AD's near me, the one in Bournemouth where I got this hadn't had one before that I'd seen and Southampton is the other place I visit regularly and they hadn't had any either, though they do say that when they come in they're sold quickly so I could have just missed them. I daresay if I'd ventured into London I probably could have found one with a bit of searching but I suspect it is a case of where you live and also a matter of timing perhaps...

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
I hear chatter on here a lot about the apparent rarity of the BLNR but I don't understand it because pretty much every Rolex AD I've been to in the past 6 months has had one in the window.
Wondering if its a North / South thing. Seen them all over the place North of Birmingham, relatively scarce in The Smoke and all points Sarf.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tried one on a few months ago at my AD, very nice watch. Luckily I've already scratched the itch for the most part with the other two GMT I've had.
If I hadn't spotted the BLNR in the AD the Grey/Used dealer I'd ordered from had a very nice Pepsi which was about to become my plan B!

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
If I hadn't spotted the BLNR in the AD the Grey/Used dealer I'd ordered from had a very nice Pepsi which was about to become my plan B!
I was looking for a BLNR in London in December - only grey dealers had them and at inflated prices. But in the late summer / early autumn there were a fair few knocking about. Odd.

I too ended up with a Pepsi GMT Master II in the end, no regrets. Now I'm Black Bay Black hunting, I want a bracelet model from an AD and that is much, much trickier than the BLNR for some reason.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wish I had a wage rise as frequently as Rolex increase their prices! :rodekaart
Interestingly the sales lady mentioned the European price increase but seemed to think that it was mainland Europe only, I'd be surprised if we're spared though.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was looking for a BLNR in London in December - only grey dealers had them and at inflated prices. But in the late summer / early autumn there were a fair few knocking about. Odd.

I too ended up with a Pepsi GMT Master II in the end, no regrets. Now I'm Black Bay Black hunting, I want a bracelet model from an AD and that is much, much trickier than the BLNR for some reason.
Even while honeymooning with my BLNR I'm still very jealous of your Pepsi and I really like the Black Bay Black too. I've only ever seen two, both were in Goldsmiths in Basingstoke just after they came out, one bracelet, one strap and they were gone the following weekend, never to return!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts

They've got a Black Bay Black at my local AD as well, it is the bracelets model I tried it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts

I saw some in Lakeside Thurrock last week, can't remember the name of the store though. It is one on the second floor.

·
Registered
12,446 Posts
Congratulations! Over here in Western Australia, our Authorised Dealers NEVER have the BLNR in stock. It is a special order model, and can take anywhere between 3 and 12 months to receive yours!

Reactions: thefatboy

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sidney Thomas in Short Hills, NJ and Tourneau on 6th Ave both had one a few weeks ago. They are rarer, but I've seen them in a few display cases.

Wear that BLNR well, OP.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Congratulations! Over here in Western Australia, our Authorised Dealers NEVER have the BLNR in stock. It is a special order model, and can take anywhere between 3 and 12 months to receive yours!
Ah, but on the other hand, you're never more than ten feet away from deadly spiders, snakes and scorpions. You can't have it all.

·
Registered
12,446 Posts
Haha; yes, way up North, but not down here close to the City! And no, I have not encountered hopping Kangaroos so close to the City!

Ah, but on the other hand, you're never more than ten feet away from deadly spiders, snakes and scorpions. You can't have it all.

·
Registered
12,446 Posts
The easiest Rolex models to find here are the Milgauss and Date Just. I have even seen the latest Yacht-Master, and what a beauty it is!

Reactions: thefatboy
1 - 20 of 23 Posts