WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like some help please from the trained eye(/s).

Based on the picture, is the below Rolex real or .....fake.....

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

THANKS a bunch!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for my ignorance, but "D" stands for...

I'll see if I can attain the serial number, and if said serial number matches the serial number located between the dial and crystal, is it a winner...or still questionable :/

·
Registered
4,027 Posts

I'll see if I can attain the serial number, and if said serial number matches the serial number located between the dial and crystal, is it a winner...or still questionable :/
You know - multiple choice answers

A = Real
B = Fake
C = ???
D = Not nearly enough information and if you pay more that $50 for any watch based upon one tiny picture then you deserve what you get.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts

Wait. What? Serial number between dial and crystal? I'd suggest you buy a watch at an AD or one of the trusted online vendors here

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahahaha gotcha.

I'll try to see if I can fish for a serial number and matching serial in the rehaut - that is something that can't be faked right...?

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
amuse me - this watch is for sale on GUMTREE?

·
Registered
13,447 Posts

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Anything can be faked. How well it is faked is the question. I've seen fakes with the serial number "between the dial and crystal" but it didn't quite look right.

Buy the seller first.
Hahahaha gotcha.

I'll try to see if I can fish for a serial number and matching serial in the rehaut

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Hahahaha gotcha.

I'll try to see if I can fish for a serial number and matching serial in the rehaut - that is something that can't be faked right...?
Right, because fakers can't possibly make an engraved and printed serial number be the same. You're joking, right?

Reactions: bobbee and cb1111

·
Banned
4,045 Posts
One crappy pic.
The guys here are good, but really...

Reactions: cb1111

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Right, because fakers can't possibly make an engraved and printed serial number be the same. You're joking, right?
They can't fake that number that floats magically between the dial and crystal. Gumtree/Letitgo/Craigslist and eBay are just places for the cons to troll for suckers.

·
Registered
267 Posts
You know - multiple choice answers

A = Real
B = Fake
C = ???
D = Not nearly enough information and if you pay more that $50 for any watch based upon one tiny picture then you deserve what you get.
Lol I got it, made me chuckle.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I cannot tell if it is real or not, but why would you risk it. Even if there is a serial number in the rehaut, that does not say anything.

Just pay a few hundered more and get it from a trusted source. It's not like these sub are rare, you can get them anywhere.

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Proper end link fit and finish looks good, but otherwise difficult to tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
As mentioned, buy the seller. Also, if the deal is too good to be true... bla bla bla. For one, that watch MIGHT be real, but it may not be an actual picture. There are SO many scammers these days it is helpful to really know what you are doing. Clearly, OP you seem to be a rookie (no offense) and given this, go to a trusted source. Keep an eye out on the forum here, ask lots of questions, or as mentioned simply go to an AD and buy one new. There are also excellent, premium vendors advertising here, any of which will serve you well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts