WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I ask the Rolex Service Center to replace a damaged watch case, will they stamp the original production number on the replacement case?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't think so.
I asked this question because of a watch that was offered by a good friend who inherited it from his father 20 years ago. The watch is a Rolex Sub 5513. The production number is 1.4m but stamped between lugs at 12 o"clock is "orig rolex design" and not "registered design". As I understand, the "orig rolex design" stamping came out in the 7m serial or around 1980? Any idea about the discrepancies?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Frankensteined watch would be my guess.
I know and that is also my opinion but its more of unlocking a puzzle to me. His dad told me that he bought the watch in the early 80s from a friend. Could it be that the original owner brought the watch to a Rolex Center and had it restored? Btw the dial is also a later model with white gold indices correct for an 80s 5513.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
A service mid-case generally has the serial number beginning with 4million, so if it has a serial number beginning with 1.4m, it is doubtful that it was replaced by RSC. Throw some pictures up and maybe we can give you some guesses on authenticity

1 - 6 of 6 Posts